WHat % FILM to achieve 35% NET?

Guest Mustang5L5

Guest Mustang5L5

Hello all.

I recently had my '06 Infiniti G35x tinted with 35% film thinking it would remain legal. However, I've come to realize that the law in MA is 35% NET and with the factory tint this would give me 28-30% VLT.

I'm getting too old to be hassled by cops so this is not desirable to me. I want to strip the tint off and go with a tint that will be above 35% NET. I've been reading up and it seems that 45% tint would NET ~37% on the meter?

Basically how dark a film can I go and remain about 35% NET. I just want to drive my car and not worry about having anything !llegal on it

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like you already have the math down so just figure it out? I don't think you will find a film that is 45% so I am guessing you are going to be at a 50% film if you want to get that number.....

Illinois I don't have to worry about all that noise. Any on the rear and NOTHING on the fronts

if the math of 35% and the "normal" auto glass at 70% simply multiplied then you get 45.5%

I don't know of any companies that have a 45% film. 50% and 40% but not any 50%.....now some do have films that might be a bit darker and called a 50% but you will not be able to tell the difference in that small number...

Guest Mustang5L5

SO ideally, which would probe the best way to get as close to 35% NET without exceeding? 50%?.... or will 45% film (suntek was one of the companies I found offering 45%) get me closer without going over

Suntek specs show that the Carbon 45 is at 43% VLT and if the math figure out right then you will be darker....

Is there a tolerance of + - on the law? If not then I would say go for a 50% film as you are going to bust 35% with anything darker.

Now the only thing else I can add is that if you find a shop with a light meter that has a 45% film you can get them to check out the actual VLT....

Archived