WHat % FILM to achieve 35% NET?

Guest Mustang5L5

all you are wrong.

infinit glass should meter at 70% by default, multiply that in decimal order by whatever film you want to apply in this instance we can say putting a 50% film.

it would be .70 x .50 = .35

so you have to apply 50%

:dunno

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GTSPAUL
all you are wrong.

infinit glass should meter at 70% by default, multiply that in decimal order by whatever film you want to apply in this instance we can say putting a 50% film.

it would be .70 x .50 = .35

so you have to apply 50%

:thumb

Guest GTSPAUL

Sorry, there is no math involved, you need to buy a tint meter, put in a new battery, clean the window and test each film you are interested in using. I have personnaly used Suntek carbon 38 film on this exact car and it tested 35%. I have also tested Solargard true grey 38 and that tested 28%, solargard HPsupreme 35 also tested 28%. The vlt the manufacturers state is not exact, it varies with each brand so you can throw out the math calculations.

We test each vehicle with the meter if the customer is looking to pass inspection.

Thanks

FWI, ATR 40 has a VLT of 45% and will work on any vehicle, with a law 35% net. Suntek Carbon 45 will have a VLT about 1-2 points higher than ATR 40. I tint where the law is 35% net and have tried every combination. Formula 1 FM 40 is a little dark than the ATR, but I'm having a hard tiome finding the VLT. It will work on just about anything out there also...

Guest PITTBOSS

You have to know the VLT of the glass you are putting the film on so you will need a meter no matter what and then you can properly calculate the VLT of film on glass. For example if you have a window that has a VLT of 80% and you are using a film that has a VLT of 38% out of the box you can then do the math as 38% x .80 which will come out to about 30% film and glass together

You have to know the VLT of the glass you are putting the film on so you will need a meter no matter what and then you can properly calculate the VLT of film on glass. For example if you have a window that has a VLT of 80% and you are using a film that has a VLT of 38% out of the box you can then do the math as 38% x .80 which will come out to about 30% film and glass together

Sorry, but your formula doesn't work..

Guest obxtint

what should carbon 38 "meter" at..vw, honda, chev. I know all manu glass reads diff

but I thought the point of c38 was to meet the 35% state mandates

Archived