WHat % FILM to achieve 35% NET?

Guest Mustang5L5

Guest Mustang5L5
one question for you would be where are you located? State and town?

Massachusetts - close suburb of Boston.

I have a light gray interior.

Here's a photo. Hopefully it shows. It's 35% tint on top of the factory tint (whatever that may be). It's been on a week and I'm very self conscience about it even though I've been told "it's not that bad don't worry about it"

http://www.mcrparts.com/forums/attachment....mp;d=1230840096

I'm just the type that doesn't like to get my balls busted for silly things. I wish it was slightly lighter but I hate the idea of ripping off a 1week old tint job :(

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mustang5L5

Ticket is $250 AND goes against your insurance. It's not just a fix-it ticket in MA. Kinda the #1 reason why I am a little paranoid. If it was a $100 fix-it only ticket, I wouldn't care as much.

Ticket is $250 AND goes against your insurance. It's not just a fix-it ticket in MA. Kinda the #1 reason why I am a little paranoid. If it was a $100 fix-it only ticket, I wouldn't care as much.

Is that salt on the car? Damn you guys getting a bad winter up there. If its $250 you should get it changed . If you asked for legal the tint shop should put on lighter tint. I am sure you paid good money to get it tinted so I am sure the tint shop would replace it with a 50% . You can ask maybe just pay for the materials and they do free labour .

Guest Mustang5L5
Is that salt on the car? Damn you guys getting a bad winter up there.

Yup. That's salt. We had a decent storm the day before and I had to drive the entire storm's duration. 2nd big storm so far this year and they are doing a CRAPPY job plowing. Damn recession must be killing the plow budget :(

I gotta wash it off ASAP

Have you had the windows metered to see what they really are ???

We can sit here and speculate all day long..... Lots of manufactures 35% film ACTUALLY is 38% - 42% film giving a NET 35 in a lot of cases......

Get your car metered!

Guest GTSPAUL

If you paid a company to tint the car legally to MA vlt then they should have provided a film that would pass the meter. I have a sample board up in the shop with all the different films we provide and then we also test the film on the car with our own meter if the customer is looking for a legal film. SunTek makes a Carbon series 38, and 45 that will pass, and SolarGard makes a HPSupreme 42 that will pass these are the darkest available for a 35vlt and most of my customers choose the 38.

If I were you I would remove the 2 front roll ups and retint those legal and not worry about the rest. If you want a good install call my shop, 1800757tint or www.GTStintpro.com

Guest Mustang5L5

I bought a meter. Yeah I could have just gone to the shop, but I have another car I cant drive yet that I want retinted.

Anyway, it came back 28%. Doing the math, that would be 80% factory tint with 35% film. I tossed the meter on the windshield and it came back 78%

SO 45% tint would get me 36% all around on my vehicle....in theory

Thanks I learned a bunch on this forum..I just wish I came here two weeks ago

Archived