Presidential Inauguration

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
who said I voted for him? I said I respect the presidency...READ MY COMMENT!!!! AND TRUST ME-watermelon and chicken and kool aid jokes are about color.OR do all democrats eat fried chicken? Give me a break! :beer

:bingo

who said I voted for him? I said I respect the presidency...READ MY COMMENT!!!! AND TRUST ME-watermelon and chicken and kool aid jokes are about color.OR do all democrats eat fried chicken? Give me a break! :bingo

WTF are you talking about?? I never said you did vote for him, nor does making kool-aid statements have anything to do with him being a man of color. When people talk about drinking kool-aid it refers to what the others are drinking. Kinda like when someone says "it must be in the water they are drinking". You are a Democrat! How do I know? Because you are talking about things that haven't been brought up. Just like during the election when the dems said that the repubs would make an issue of his color. No they didn't!!! Nobody but Democrats did this!! I understand what you are saying about the chicken and watermelon, but nobody has posted anything about it.

You KOOL-AID drinkers (Democrats) are living in a fairy tale, utopia! Do you really think that we can improve the economy by going further into debt? The last stimulus that Bush passed failed miserably, and some said it was because it wasn't enough. This is total horse hockey!! You know why it didn't work? Its because so many of us are so far in debt, we spent the money the gov't gave us to pay our credit cards, mortgages, and car loans that were in default.

Do me a favor, the next response to mine, put in some substance...give me an arguement.

BTW, Clinton was an adulterer....Yeah, much better. Lets teach our kids that!

Dang, sorry for the rant TD's, but this is a very touchy subject for me...I apologize.

You guys are aware that the executive branch has limited power and that the state of "things" in the US relies as much on that office as the house and senate, right? Fluctuations throughout US history in areas such as the worth of the dollar, the viability of large companies, the general phsyce of the people of the nation... do not correlate exclusively to any one presidency (the last of which mentioned being now more ineffectual than ever).

Government, the economy and whatever else politicians and the media wish to address are complicated for a reason. We are encouraged to seek quick fixes and easy solutions to these complicated problems. It is suggested to us that the nomination of ONE person will "right the ship". SO many people truly feel this way. There's got to be a reason, and I believe it hasn't anything to do with left vs right. :beer

On the issue of people respecting the seat of the presidency, :bingo well... Marty King JR once had a dream too. How'd that one turn out?

You guys are aware that the executive branch has limited power and that the state of "things" in the US relies as much on that office as the house and senate, right? Fluctuations throughout US history in areas such as the worth of the dollar, the viability of large companies, the general phsyce of the people of the nation... do not correlate exclusively to any one presidency (the last of which mentioned being now more ineffectual than ever).

Government, the economy and whatever else politicians and the media wish to address are complicated for a reason. We are encouraged to seek quick fixes and easy solutions to these complicated problems. It is suggested to us that the nomination of ONE person will "right the ship". SO many people truly feel this way. There's got to be a reason, and I believe it hasn't anything to do with left vs right. :beer

On the issue of people respecting the seat of the presidency, :bingo well... Marty King JR once had a dream too. How'd that one turn out?

yes sir...the pres cannot do/pass anything w/o congress

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama is our elected commander in chief.As a true American I respect his office. It irks me to see you guys and many others make a mockery of the United States Presidency -STRICTLY because a man of color was elected. If you want to make light of the presidency then you should make fun of the man that has spent eight years acting on bad advice and put the United States in the position we are in. Like him or not I support the man who is willing to step into the mess Bush has created. And yes I will watch the inauguration. :spit

OMFG Pull your head out of your hindside. NO ONE is disrespecting the office of the president. Some of us just find it so disrespectful to the rest of the people in the US to claim to be a man of the people, going on whistle stop train rides and then going to the seat of our democracy and expecting all of US to foot the bill for an inauguration that is costing 5 time what the most expensive inauguration in history cost. $150 million dollars for this inauguration???? Bush's was $33 mil. That was the most expensive prior to this. It is not disrespectful, only logical. As we watch 27,000 people get put out of work with Circuit City going under and so many others entering the ranks of the unemployed, is it responsible for our president-elect to allow this much to be spent??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I, for one, would say that THIS is not the change we needed.

As a TRUE AMERICAN, I respect the OFFICE of the president, but the man who occupies it, no matter who, much earn the respect of the people who he represents. Show better responsibility with OUR money, and you earn respect. Spend 5 times more than any other before, and lose respect. If this is his idea of fiscal responsibility, respect will take a long time to achieve.

OMFG Pull your head out of your hindside. NO ONE is disrespecting the office of the president. Some of us just find it so disrespectful to the rest of the people in the US to claim to be a man of the people, going on whistle stop train rides and then going to the seat of our democracy and expecting all of US to foot the bill for an inauguration that is costing 5 time what the most expensive inauguration in history cost. $150 million dollars for this inauguration???? Bush's was $33 mil. That was the most expensive prior to this. It is not disrespectful, only logical. As we watch 27,000 people get put out of work with Circuit City going under and so many others entering the ranks of the unemployed, is it responsible for our president-elect to allow this much to be spent??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I, for one, would say that THIS is not the change we needed.

As a TRUE AMERICAN, I respect the OFFICE of the president, but the man who occupies it, no matter who, much earn the respect of the people who he represents. Show better responsibility with OUR money, and you earn respect. Spend 5 times more than any other before, and lose respect. If this is his idea of fiscal responsibility, respect will take a long time to achieve.

:spit

Archived