ATC Fading Warranty

Guest cleanwork

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah color change and fading are kinda two different things with LLumar. I have been using ATR on mostly everything for the past ten years and I too can count on 1 hand the comebacks. I also see alot of cars I have done from years ago at dealers I work for when they come in for service. I see on the ATR that it will fade some but nothing really noticeable. Certainly not to a customer. Like Tintwizard said, everything fades. I like the fact that ATR fades very slowly and almost unoticeable. ALso that it doesn't get ugly after 5 years or so. No orange peel, flaking, any of that. I have seen some delaminating but not much. I have used ATC a few times. I don't know if I like(trust) it.I believe it will either turn purplish or the adhesive will give out some over a few years.

I have a bunch of atc but only use it on fronts that come in. been using atr my lifetime of tinting and it is great. before it was llumastar you could see color change, but now I havent noticed anything wrong.

my moms ride is 10 years old and has film its life. I put llumar 20% bronze and it looks like our atr30ch now. you can only see fading when you roll it down, and its barely.

however on my aunts camry thats also 10 years old, I can see color change ghost all over the back glass. back then we were wet shrinking and atr wasnt llumastar. I think the 15 and 20 were the ones that turned purple easily.

I just hope the ATC holds up. I wont carry it as a complete line for a couple of years. I only use the ATC 15 on chevy fronts cuz it matches better than the atr 15. also got it all free when llumar did the promo.

Luv the way the 3M rep forecast the future performance of ATC. It's the same dye used as in the ATR line so those giving testimonals on ATR since LLumastar should expect same stability. If the metal was the what kept ATR from fading then what keeps 3M's CS line stable? If he's referring to the differing dye process he should say so, otherwise it sounds baseless.

Guest absolutetinting
For a long while Jet, AT and F1 Classic were all 1mil/1ply films. Now the AT is ATC and is 1.5mil. So is Classic. Jet is still 1mil. The adhesive failures in the Classic line were/are pretty typical of any 1mil film installed on cars after a period of time (bubbling). I've had bubbling with all the manu's 1mil auto lines. Moral to the story is avoid 1mil films if offering lifetime warranty on a car.

You will gain VLT #'s over time with any color stable line. What you want to do is minimize that occurrence. Stick with Madico's Charcool, Llumar's ATC/ATR/ATX, Sun Tek's Carbon, Johnson's Greystone, 3M's CS, etc... and the fading/color change won't be your main concern. How well it holds up might be.

What are you smoking, You can't compare LLumar, Madico to bottoms feeder like Sun Tek and Johnson. Sun Tek and Johnson just laminates film don't produce anything at all. Carbon failed in the desert, Johnsons adhesive only last 2-3 year. Johnson says they buy CPs raw material, but its old technology material and not the new technology( UV impregnated polyester or 3rd generation PET) Sun Tek and Johnson still buy 1st generation polyester, because it cheap. Justify there price. Hell, Global does everything in house just like CP and from there track record in the desert is better it's not bad. They just pay there scientist .50/hr and thats how they get there price so low.

ive never had 1 car in llumar come back for warranty that was the films fault. a couple with end of the roll lines that didnt clear, and most from toyota door glass that has peeled due to sliding rubbers. this is all since llumastar though. prior to that we had a couple JT problems b4 the 5 year warranty was up.

I dont forsee anything bad happening to the ATC. if so I have it on some test vehicles b4 the line was even for sale.

Guest tintdude1982
For a long while Jet, AT and F1 Classic were all 1mil/1ply films. Now the AT is ATC and is 1.5mil. So is Classic. Jet is still 1mil. The adhesive failures in the Classic line were/are pretty typical of any 1mil film installed on cars after a period of time (bubbling). I've had bubbling with all the manu's 1mil auto lines. Moral to the story is avoid 1mil films if offering lifetime warranty on a car.

You will gain VLT #'s over time with any color stable line. What you want to do is minimize that occurrence. Stick with Madico's Charcool, Llumar's ATC/ATR/ATX, Sun Tek's Carbon, Johnson's Greystone, 3M's CS, etc... and the fading/color change won't be your main concern. How well it holds up might be.

What are you smoking, You can't compare LLumar, Madico to bottoms feeder like Sun Tek and Johnson. Sun Tek and Johnson just laminates film don't produce anything at all. Carbon failed in the desert, Johnsons adhesive only last 2-3 year. Johnson says they buy CPs raw material, but its old technology material and not the new technology( UV impregnated polyester or 3rd generation PET) Sun Tek and Johnson still buy 1st generation polyester, because it cheap. Justify there price. Hell, Global does everything in house just like CP and from there track record in the desert is better it's not bad. They just pay there scientist .50/hr and thats how they get there price so low.

tintstar who are you and where you from?

Archived