response to anal cops

Guest thetintshop

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint4u

hey guys, I'm new to the forum and need some help. moving out to cali pretty soon from fl. I read all the posts of cali laws and the cops being @nal. So how dark should I tint then? Will reflective give me more run-ins with the cops? Any suggestions woulg be great.

Jason

btw, I plan on keeping my fl plates.

tintdude... great website! very informative so far.

Guest Film Maverick

Depends on your car. I know most tinters have at least medium on their cars front windows. Reflective will draw interest from the police. Law says anything you want in back and essentially nothing on the front doors.

Guest tint4u

those tinters who have medium on the front, do they get harrassed a lot? what's considered medium? I orignally wanted 8% reflective all around, but after hearing about cali laws, I was thinking about maybe 20-30%. What do you guys think about that?

Guest tintchick

If you put any kind of "reflective" looking film on the front windows count on getting pulled over in cali 8) You're more safe to stick with the medium grey look,,,everyone and their mom has that :drunk

I consider in the 30's as medium...I have 32 on my two frt and 13 on the rear 3 of my ext cab work truck.. my wife got pulled over so the trooper could get a business card so we could tint his personal vehicle.

I have also found here in PA. that your vehicle will in my opinion look classier with the same tint all the way around , rather than black in the back and sonmething lighter up front. it almost looks like it is suppose to be that way rather than once someone looks at it the tint looks so obvious....donn't get me wrong I tint alot with two different shade its just not what I like

and reflective meaning chrome looking will get you hassled more than non refective or something that just has a bit of shime like a hi performance metalized film.

Guest Blade

Had a customer come in, I tinted her car about a month ago. Said she got pulled over by a trooper because I made her windshield strip larger than 6 inches. Problem was.........I didn't even put a strip on her car. All she had was the factory faded band. That cop was an :ahole to her. I wrote up a letter for her to take to court.

Archived