Clear liner patterns

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never understood why guys would cut a pattern(with clear liner) on a car then recut it on the glass! It just seems like double the work! I did like his business name though!! :thumb

The patterns are reusable and save a lot of time as you can cut both sides at once, plus there's no risk of messing up a cut, creasing the film, scratching the glass or slicing a sliver of rubber off the car.

I never understood why guys would cut a pattern(with clear liner) on a car then recut it on the glass! It just seems like double the work! I did like his business name though!! :thumb

The patterns are reusable and save a lot of time as you can cut both sides at once, plus there's no risk of messing up a cut, creasing the film, scratching the glass or slicing a sliver of rubber off the car.

Ok I can understand that. So when a car comes in and you need a pattern , how do you keep it organized so you can find the pattern your looking for!? And if you have to cut a pattern on the car isn't there risk involved anyway? I know and can see this is a good idea for some 1/4 windows where you can't really see the matrix very well! But in the video on an old style Accord I think is a waste of time! Good for some and and a waste on others! :cool

Guest filmslayer

I could only see it if you had multiples of the same car that day ,then you could cut a bunch at once ,but like TA said it would be to hard to organize and keep track of all the cars we do ...

don't look like a "bulk" of liner...just a piece from another window kept for the purpose.

I use the liner patterns as I do a great deal of 5% and 20%.....trying to see through 2 layers of 5% or even 20% to make cuts can be a pain. I can make a pattern and do my double cut very quickly and if I find a BETTER and faster way to do it then I will make the change....

Guest scottydosnntkno
don't look like a "bulk" of liner...just a piece from another window kept for the purpose.

I use the liner patterns as I do a great deal of 5% and 20%.....trying to see through 2 layers of 5% or even 20% to make cuts can be a pain. I can make a pattern and do my double cut very quickly and if I find a BETTER and faster way to do it then I will make the change....

Try a fluorescent or LED shop light? I just hold it inside the window and can cut at least twice as fast than trying to see through 20 or 5% to see the matrix. up here in michigan almost every car gets 5 on the back glass, so it gets old after a while having to bend and look all around to catch the glare right to see through.

Try a fluorescent or LED shop light? I just hold it inside the window and can cut at least twice as fast than trying to see through 20 or 5% to see the matrix. up here in michigan almost every car gets 5 on the back glass, so it gets old after a while having to bend and look all around to catch the glare right to see through.

re-read my post and the reply you put.....I said "DOUBLE LAYER of" as in doing 1/4 windows. Small 1/4 windows.......

I also will use a pattern out of clear when doing film over factory tinted glass on SUV's....

Back glasses I use a light....but for a small quarter window I find it quicker and easier to use a pattern. Oh and I pitch them when done that day.

Archived