Clear liner patterns

I keep a bunch of liners and we mark them with blue tape and write the car on it. a lot of truck back glasses, truck sunstrips, truck extra cabs, and the front wing of the 4dr civic.

if you have a car and you got 4 out of the 6 in stencils and you dbl dut the 2 doors, itll get done so so fast. also you can 24" the rear and get the sunstrip out of the same piece.

damn I shouldnt even have to tell you guys this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
don't look like a "bulk" of liner...just a piece from another window kept for the purpose.

I use the liner patterns as I do a great deal of 5% and 20%.....trying to see through 2 layers of 5% or even 20% to make cuts can be a pain. I can make a pattern and do my double cut very quickly and if I find a BETTER and faster way to do it then I will make the change....

Try a fluorescent or LED shop light? I just hold it inside the window and can cut at least twice as fast than trying to see through 20 or 5% to see the matrix. up here in michigan almost every car gets 5 on the back glass, so it gets old after a while having to bend and look all around to catch the glare right to see through.

re-read my post and the reply you put.....I said "DOUBLE LAYER of" as in doing 1/4 windows. Small 1/4 windows.......

I also will use a pattern out of clear when doing film over factory tinted glass on SUV's....

Back glasses I use a light....but for a small quarter window I find it quicker and easier to use a pattern. Oh and I pitch them when done that day.

to?

You never said what you were cutting so how was I supposed to know it was quarters? dunno.gif Maybe its roll downs? Or the older lexus' that had the matrix on the side doors that you had to cut to?

don't look like a "bulk" of liner...just a piece from another window kept for the purpose.

I use the liner patterns as I do a great deal of 5% and 20%.....trying to see through 2 layers of 5% or even 20% to make cuts can be a pain. I can make a pattern and do my double cut very quickly and if I find a BETTER and faster way to do it then I will make the change....

Try a fluorescent or LED shop light? I just hold it inside the window and can cut at least twice as fast than trying to see through 20 or 5% to see the matrix. up here in michigan almost every car gets 5 on the back glass, so it gets old after a while having to bend and look all around to catch the glare right to see through.

re-read my post and the reply you put.....I said "DOUBLE LAYER of" as in doing 1/4 windows. Small 1/4 windows.......

I also will use a pattern out of clear when doing film over factory tinted glass on SUV's....

Back glasses I use a light....but for a small quarter window I find it quicker and easier to use a pattern. Oh and I pitch them when done that day.

to?

You never said what you were cutting so how was I supposed to know it was quarters? dunno.gif Maybe its roll downs? Or the older lexus' that had the matrix on the side doors that you had to cut to?

well....as the TS had the video of a QUARTER window being done then I just assumed that would make sense. I also don't know anyone that would be DOUBLE cutting a rear glass......not normally.

Patterns work best for me. I can mess up a liner or 2 and get it right, then transfer it to the film and cut.

When I cut the film right on the car and mess up, Nothing p!sses me off more! :spit

I use Reynolds one sided wax paper for glass I've never done before and for glass that shifts. In the YouTube vid I guess it could be a FG liner? But I don't do much flatglass...

Guest scottydosnntkno

to?

You never said what you were cutting so how was I supposed to know it was quarters? :headbang Maybe its roll downs? Or the older lexus' that had the matrix on the side doors that you had to cut to?

well....as the TS had the video of a QUARTER window being done then I just assumed that would make sense. I also don't know anyone that would be DOUBLE cutting a rear glass......not normally.

Again, nowhere did I mention Back Glasses. Just roll downs. Like I said, on the older lexus' using a light helps you see the dotted edge of the roll downs when your double cutting the patterns.

You said if you found a faster way to double cut you would check it out. All I was trying to do was give you an idea to use a handheld light to help. Geeze

I keep a bunch of liners and we mark them with blue tape and write the car on it. a lot of truck back glasses, truck sunstrips, truck extra cabs, and the front wing of the 4dr civic.

if you have a car and you got 4 out of the 6 in stencils and you dbl dut the 2 doors, itll get done so so fast. also you can 24" the rear and get the sunstrip out of the same piece.

damn I shouldnt even have to tell you guys this.

Sounds like a good TOTW.... :headbang

I did that with an old toyota truck and do it all the time on the new RX for the little glass up front.

:film

Guest thatsnappyguy

I would do it if I were at the dealership tinting the same cars everyday. and I used to actually do it but what I would do is take the pattern and trace it out with a sharpie on the trimming glass, then throw the liner away.

u guys should at least keep the extra cab silverados on hand. back, 1/4's, and sunstrip. so you can pattern cut all those and hand cut the doors. itll be apart and done in under half an hour easy. and you only have to clean 1 door on the outside. we clean them all though.

its just nice so you dont have to reclean the windshields, and sometimes you get those work trucks with boxes and grates covering the glass.

Archived