How many vehicles can you tint a day

Guest filmslayer
Depends on how many hours I work and how easy hard the cars are. A easy to average car can take 45 for the easy and 1 hour for the average and 1.5 for harder and so on.

Trucks take anywhere from 15 minutes to a hour depending on what they are.

original question was between 8-5 ...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about 4-5 but I like to do about three a day makes for a super easy and smooth day.

snappy come on dude seriously everyday you work like that? Wait are you in florida/arizona at the Mcdonalds drive thru? I'll tint your car while you wait for your Bmac. :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
Depends on how many hours I work and how easy hard the cars are. A easy to average car can take 45 for the easy and 1 hour for the average and 1.5 for harder and so on.

I wish I could knock out windows that fast. It seems that no matter what car it is, it takes me over/under 2 hrs by a few minutes. Two side windows are 45mins-1hr no matter what. I don't know what it is, I just can't get faster and maintain the same quality. I suppose double cutting would help, but each time I've tried in the past I've had issues. I'll have to start trying it again.

Guest filmslayer

I wish I could knock out windows that fast. It seems that no matter what car it is, it takes me over/under 2 hrs by a few minutes. Two side windows are 45mins-1hr no matter what. I don't know what it is, I just can't get faster and maintain the same quality. I suppose double cutting would help, but each time I've tried in the past I've had issues. I'll have to start trying it again.

wow dude ,two fronts should be about 20 min. .....

Guest thatsnappyguy
a seasoned tinter that has the jobs lined up all day, and hand cutting from 8-5 should be able to AVERAGE about

5-7 4door cars

5-9 mix of 4 door and 2 door cars

10-15 full sized trucks

15-18 sets of 2 doors

14-15 sets of 2 doors and a visor,

this is about the load that me and other tinters that I personally know can handle in any given day. of course without having to stop to anwer the phone and deal with customers all day.

and take a lunch break

Seasoned tinters better all have 5 houses and 15 cars if they can do that kind of work in a day.. didnt think so...

each one of those things counts as one days work. u must be thinking that im combining all of those together in one day...nah I dont think so, I think your just not a seasoned tinter if you dont think its possible.

Guest scottydosnntkno

wow dude ,two fronts should be about 20 min. .....

Usually I:

Spray and wipe inside and out of glass(30 seconds)

Spray and scrape inside(1min)

Spray and squeegee inside(1min)

Spray outside, lay film on, squeegee, cut top edge(2mins)

Roll up, cut sides/bottom(2mins)

Roll window down, spray and squeegee again(1min)

Spray glass, peel liner spray film, apply to glass(1min)

Spray film, squeegee top edge 3 times(1min)

Heat top edge slowly to set film, file top edge, hard card/towel edge(5 mins)

Roll window up, spray film, squeegee middle to sides(1min)

Tuck film, squeegee sides and bottom(1min)

Heat sides and bottom edge of film, hard card down 1 more time(4mins)

Thats about 21 minutes give or take for one window, including heating all the edges and filing. I'm not really complaining, just saying that I could never install that fast and maintain good quality I don't think.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I see you have putt some thought in it !

well that was just a quick run down of how I think I do it. I'm sure it varies slightly, but not by much.

Archived