How many vehicles can you tint a day

Guest scottydosnntkno
quanity does not matter ONLY QUALITY DOES, why do 10 plus a day if 5 are coming back for redo's id rather do 3 and they be as close to perfect as possible

same here. Sometimes, I'll have four scheduled but call one and postpone till the next day because one car is taking longer than expected.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the first super tinterI ever met back in the late 80's he was knocking out 8-10 cars a day every day, about 5 years later when he closed his shop he worked for me for a few weeks it's funny how at my shop he could only do 4-5 a day :spit

Guest mcpcola
It is funny how the numbers never ad up or some of these Tinters would be bringing home $500k a years if they got paid 10% :spit

LOL no sh!t. I make just over 60K a year in my current job but I hate it. I have done it for 11 years and have never found it fun or bearable. To much Stress and the whole world is on fire at all times and I need to step back and decide do I really want to hate my job for the rest of my life or do some thing in a field that I love. Well right now I am saving to get supplies and pay bills for a few months then its full speed ahead.

Really I need to find a good shop where I can learn and then one day move on to my own shop but I can not make the money I make now working for someone else.

Definately don't add any extra cars if it will lower your quality.

And on the busy days we don't do r+r's. We make them schedule during the week.

The craziest day ever was my old shop where we had 3 tinters n 2 cleaners. We did 28 cars in one day. The rotation was a blur. I think the next week only 1 of those cars came in for a redo on a rear door. But nobody ever believes that. Oh but a couple were just fronts, n some single cab trucks. I just counted the vehicles.

Guest thatsnappyguy
Definately don't add any extra cars if it will lower your quality.

And on the busy days we don't do r+r's. We make them schedule during the week.

The craziest day ever was my old shop where we had 3 tinters n 2 cleaners. We did 28 cars in one day. The rotation was a blur. I think the next week only 1 of those cars came in for a redo on a rear door. But nobody ever believes that. Oh but a couple were just fronts, n some single cab trucks. I just counted the vehicles.

I can easily believe that.

a seasoned tinter that has the jobs lined up all day, and hand cutting from 8-5 should be able to AVERAGE about

5-7 4door cars

5-9 mix of 4 door and 2 door cars

10-15 full sized trucks

15-18 sets of 2 doors

14-15 sets of 2 doors and a visor,

this is about the load that me and other tinters that I personally know can handle in any given day. of course without having to stop to anwer the phone and deal with customers all day.

and take a lunch break

Seasoned tinters better all have 5 houses and 15 cars if they can do that kind of work in a day.. didnt think so...

Depends on how many hours I work and how easy hard the cars are. A easy to average car can take 45 for the easy and 1 hour for the average and 1.5 for harder and so on.

Trucks take anywhere from 15 minutes to a hour depending on what they are.

Archived