Computer Cut users

I'm lookng into this system and had a few questions. Dumb questions but I truly don't know since I've never seen it in action.

1. Since most cars are tinted using 2 different shades, do you have to load 2 different rolls of tint each time you cut a pattern or does it do this automatically ?

2. A lot of customers like it when I vinyl the dots (example a cavalier or grand am) is there an option that lets you cut the pattern just to the dots or does it only cut the whole window?

1- yes I have a rack on the back of mine that holds three rolls. dealing with two shades your releasing the guides and just loading it from the rack thats attached to the plotter.

making the switch with the blink of a eye....you know the cave man thing..... :dunno

2- I found it so much easier and fast to use a full cut on the plotter, shrink the film and then cut along the matrix dots. then ill lay the film on top of the vinal and hand cut. this way is so much faster since I have film as the template.....

lets not forget that ComputerCut or CC deealers can import multiple patterns to the cut screen unlike some others!

I hate to say it.....but jeff's right. :dunno even if they offer a pattern for tinting up to the matrix I still do the whole thing and hand cut the vinyl using the film as a pattern.

and changing rolls on the plotter isn't as time consuming as many make it out to be.

I use precision cut....and like jeff said, CC has the option to load many designs on the cut window. precision cut doesn't have that option. but precision cut patterns do actually fit the window properly....which is a plus. :bdog

thanks for the replies guys :dunno

So Ash..are you saying that Computer Cut's patterns (although nice that you can modify I to your own personal taste) are not as accurate as others on the market?

I'm saying....when I used computer cut (for a few years)....I only used the tint patterns for back windows on trucks or windshield strips. because I didn't like climbing in beds or on the front of trucks. most the patterns weren't decent enough to even use IMO. our downtown store used them everyday and I didn't hear them biatch much. I'm just pickier I guess. :beer and that doesn't mean they haven't improved the patterns lately either. I've just been overly impressed with precision cut's patterns. I've only come across a couple patterns that weren't to my liking.

CC has a option to comment, make a note, and even make you on version of there patterns...wow thats complete if the patterns dont fit its your own fault! CC has plenty of ways to handle the differance in taste and adjust to the user. I say "its user friendly and if you want it bigger or smaller adjust it and then save it, so it will be there every time you do that cars" if not you can send your own patterns of the clear or of film... garry and mozart have it all under control!

and as cool as it sounds they are making a six roll holder now-a-days, that reminds me of a old colt revolver.."to cool"

I just dont like there film so I use Llumar

When I tried Computer Cut about 4 years ago I wasnt too impressed with some patterns, updated versions today seem to be light years ahead and fit well with nice edges.

would never cut a silverado/1500/2500/3500! 88-98 the ones w/ blacked out edges?

It was a bit rough a few years ago . But all the pattterns after say 97 are good. They can cut lettering too .Not sure if others do that.I have never tried others so I cant compare. But I am happy with computercut. the only other thing to look into they only like to support there plotter dgi . So confirm with them first the machine your getting will work with the program . They dont have usb output for plotters except dgi . they prefer to use com ports

Archived