Strange BMW 330 coupe problem...

ferrisbueller

Thanks for your responses. No cuts on the back glass inside at all... looks like this can be a problem straight out of the factory so I think I'm going to go down that route and see what happens. This is the first time in years that we've had a problem of any kind, who would have guessed it would be a BMW.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintim
Hi all

UK tinter here, been reading the forums for a while now (very helpful) and regret my first post is a problem. I tinted a 2008 BMW 330 coupe about 4 weeks ago with SunTek Carbon 35, the customer called the next day to say that when he used his rear de-froster his radio reception cut out then returned when the defrost was turned off. I advised that the tint would hold water for a couple of weeks and could be causing electrical interfearance with the antenna which is also on the back glass. Customer has just called today to inform that the problem is still present after 4 weeks. I removed the rear deck for the install, glued the matrix at the top and kept the water down to a minimum.

Has anyone encountered this problem or are there any suggestions about possible causes.... sounds like this could get expensive!!!

Thanks for any help.

I had this exact problem after tinting a new Mitsubishi Eclipse at the dealer. The customer bought the car in the summer and didn't use the rear defroster until the rain came. When the defroster was turned on, radio reception went in the dumpster. I removed the tint and vinyl from the window and the problem persisted. The dealer replaced the rear window under warranty and it worked fine. So I tinted the back again and voila...no problem. Take from that what you will but there could be a problem with the glass/defroster element itself. One question...Did you cut on a defroster line?

ditto on a lexus is new shape 18 months ago. It was the car not the tint.

Guest tintec

a friend of mine has an m3 he had the exact same problem and the car never had tints,bmw replaced the rear screen under warranty,they said it was a common fault in coupes,its probably nout to do with the film or insatll at all

Guest tintpro2007

I never take out rear decks to do an install... The only things I take out are brake lights.. Done many of these cars and never had any problems

mmm...maybe a little test before installation is advisable

its advisable to wark around the car with the customer aswell and point out any damages before any work is started, people always try it on

"that dint wasn't there when I brought it in" :lol

Guest Mo Evo
mmm...maybe a little test before installation is advisable

its advisable to wark around the car with the customer aswell and point out any damages before any work is started, people always try it on

"that dint wasn't there when I brought it in" :lol

I get that a lot but in the form of scratches in the glass. Unfortunately you can't see those until it's tinted, so I always get the blame. I've started pointing them out as soon as I start working on the affected glass, NOT waiting til I'm done.

Done thousands of these Beemers and never had an issue like this, definatley a trip to the dealer and get them to fault find. More than likely a fault from factory..

Good luck :spit

Archived