New UK Tint Laws

Guest Tint Bob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So UK lads, what about some union of independent installers? U know russians always make revolutions :):) I think it can be interesting and useful ...I like such ideas...I can do much more than drink Vodka and picture babeZZ believe me... Waiting Your minds... If U R not ready post 'em here - www.... - there are lot of e-mails to contact our team everywhere...

As with most of you, I'm really concerned about the current law, and have many a time thought an independant association of UK tinters is the way forward. Not just for the legal situation but many other things. I totally agree with TintBob on this one 'someone' needs to start the ball rolling, but who/how? I have seriously though of doing it myself (in my past life I was a project manager for a bank- serious career change eh!) but have to consider the implications. Its not as simple as that, this would be a full time job for at least one person, probably 2 or 3, not to mention the financial costs,stationary,web sites,phone bills, legal costs, basically the total costs of setting up a company from scratch, the list goes on. To actually do something on this scale would require someone to administer/manage/organise the business if it was to be taken seriously. It would also need funding by its member base, and therefore someone to take ownership for that part of the business. Sorry to sound pessimistic, but from my experience it would take a massive amount of commitment and support from all professional tinters.

Having said that, I believe something does need doing so UK tint companies have a voice of their own rather than GGF or film suppliers.(who only have their own interests to think of)

I think the best way of starting of ball rolling is to split the UK into geographical areas(counties) and appoint a rep to gather names of all tinters in that area. Then put together a letter of individual companies to put the association proposal to them and find out the level of support the association would have. I am happy to lead this with help from others. (obviously) what do you all think, should I take this any further, or does anyone have any more suggestions?

Sounds good. I think we have to work hard to do something. And start movement from dead point. Otherwise next law will be about tint removal on all cars :spit:lol And it is not only in UK. Everywhere. IWFA, EWFA&GGF must do this job, but it seems they have other ideas. They order cool muggs 4 their members. I broke the laws in a small country Latvia, not on apper level, but practically road police etc keep silence here about tintung. You can see in Riga practically 70% of cars are tinted. Practically ALL OUTLAW, no cars without films on drivers glass, and lot of cars with limo tint. So I did this way here. Let's do it in UK.

:lol I think it is easiest way. Practically ALL serious tinters can be found using net. So I think first step can be to register ALL UK tinters for examaple here (of course we have to ask DUDE). We can send e-mail to not registred here tinters to do it. Of course somebody will do it, somebody not. I think interested person will do... Other step - to organize correct PR company.. So I think this is first two steps... Sorry my English is not so good to explain all my thoughts :spit

Guest BookeR-33

Hi new to the site bin readin the posts an I agree wid the lot of yer :hmmm somethin needs to be done bout these feckin laws so we can make our living :hmmm

But the law says 70% through the glass but can we not argue that the glass does let 70% through is the film applied that doesn't and excactly how much of the front window has to let it through could we not cut a corner out big enough to test :) cause then there little meter would read what they want :):lol

Tinters UK Movement for new laws

Cheers BookeR-33

:booga

1. As I know there are NO EXPLANATIONS WHY IT MUST BE SO.

2. When somebody can explain it we have lot of arguments.

First and I think the main. Lot of factory tinted cars now are NOT 70% if test it. But it is allowed.

Other, is it O.K. for safety when SUN don't allow to drive and U have to use glasses more than 70%?

Is it O.K. when after accident thousands of small temepered glass pieces are in your face???

Archived