New UK Tint Laws

Guest Tint Bob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sdtintin

we need to contact every tinter in our area ,or just get contact details and post them on here :thumb what do you all rekon ,or should we write up a proposal letter and them send it to all the tint shops in our area

like I said,I've tried to contact the ggf,dep. of transport,etc and herad nothing! it's as if they dont care? when I looked at the report by the dep. of transport it had a list of people that they had contacted to get their views. I noticed pentagon glass and pilkington but no other tint shops????? what about any of us? or people that frequently turn up in the uk car mags like gatwick auto shades,cappacino tint etc. I get the impression they asked people that werent too interested in this and basically just reinforced the law as it stood already! I ureg all uk tinters that read this to log onto the ggf website and leave a message for them asking about how the report was taken and possible outcomes!!!! www.ggf.org.uk go to contact and feedback then go to enquiries! ask them your question and we'll see how it goes? if enough of us do it then then have to reply eventually? :booga

2 FIMMO&DAPAATINTS

Guys please keep in touch with me - my English is not so good but I want 2 B in course of new laws....As I know in Europe such laws was long time ago... We have such here... Here is NO PROBLEMS with it, only was first time... Like with mobiles - In UK thiss law was 1.12.2003 in Latvia long time ago - now is NO problem to talk by phone... I think same will be with tint.. :rollin Anycase I will be happy to know situation - just planning schedule for spring - I must know what films better to make :poop

basically I asked what was the response to the report from the department of transport? when was this report done (because it doesnt say!) and did it make any difference?

havent heard from much uk tinters concerning this??????????? what are your opinions on this matter? I received a letter today from my suppliers telling me about the updated laws which pretty much mean no tint on the fronts!!! what I am doing now is supplying and installing tint only on the rears at the same price as before with a full tint! explain the laws etc. give a receipt for just the rears, but if they want the fronts done then I do it for free, no receipt! that way I still get the same cash but only give receipt for the rears! dont know how it'd stand up in court (if it ever came to that?) but as there is no receipt for the fronts?? could cause probs,but not with me. so example- customer asks for tint,I explain the laws and give full price for just tinting the rears,if they obey the law then all I do is tint the rears! but if they want the fronts done I offer it free but no receipt! that way according to all my paperwork I have kept within the law! I would lose at least 90% of my business otherwise! :rollin

Guest naughtydog

I thinks thats a policy that I will adopt. No reciept - no traceability hopefully :lol

It's made a fark-up of the business. We need a film developing that looks tinted but with high VLT. I'm sure the film companies must be looking at this :booga

Naughtydog

Guest DapaaTints

If you watch the adverts on TV they still have the cars tinted in full. And a recent advert I saw the other day advertising, they had around 20 cars all tinted. I have also seen cars for sale on garage forecourts of reputable dealers with all windows tinted. Is it not a responsibility of the car manufactorers to also uphold the law and not advetise something that a customer might demand and then turns out to be outside the law and the dealers to sell cars with tint on the fronts.

I dont think the window tinting issue is as big as we think. The law has been passed, to help clarify and enforce but its business as usual until a speed cop decides to use his new powers to have tint removed thats if he/she beleives the tint is too dark on a vehicle.

I have also not seen one tiny piece of news coverage in respect to this new law, which is a bit weird considering the number of motorists within the U.K who will now be driving around with driver and passenger tint.

Archived