New UK Tint Laws

Guest Tint Bob

It's sad but true: You stick with the law it sticks with you. You don't care for the law it doesn't care for you. A few countries went through this and are left with a no tint at all law. Thanks to the "I will always put 35% on the front sides" tinters.( Just a statement, I am not saying they are right or wrong)

As far as Europe goes it will all come down to a European law. And :thumb any changes to the existing laws about VLT will be influenced if not dictated by the mighty Glass lobby. That's why the EWFA just sits there and waits. (Don't wake up sleeping dogs.) By the way the law in a lot of European countries incl. the UK is and has always been according to European regulations (ECE 43). What is happening in the UK right now is this:

1. Due to one accident the Gov. has decided to implement the existing laws more strictly. (To paint the grey area black).

2. A badly written article stirs up the UK tinting world.

75% for the windshield.

70% for the front sides which basically means no tint.

You are still allowed to tint behind the b-post.

Get into PPf to make up for those front sides.

Kohler(footballgod)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. A few countries went through this and are left with a no tint at all law.

U mean Israel :shock:):thumb ?

As far as Europe goes it will all come down to a European law. And any changes to the existing laws about VLT will be influenced if not dictated by the mighty Glass lobby. That's why the EWFA just sits there and waits. (Don't wake up sleeping dogs.) By the way the law in a lot of European countries incl. the UK is and has always been according to European regulations (ECE 43). What is happening in the UK right now is this:

1. Due to one accident the Gov. has decided to implement the existing laws more strictly. (To paint the grey area black).

2. A badly written article stirs up the UK tinting world.

75% for the windshield.

70% for the front sides which basically means no tint.

You are still allowed to tint behind the b-post.

U R right this law was always. But sometimes some peoples start to use it, sometimes NO. I think in UK case somebody decide to read and use old law, which was written, I think, long time ago... May be it is easy 4 me to talke here - as I told hundred times we have the same law in Latvia, but we have NO PROBLEMS in 90% of cases.

even tho the uk is now 70% on the front sides,what you have to remember is that it's always been that!! I think the 70% figure was brought about in the early 80's but it's never been enforced! just like today's news, 'from today you aren't allowed blah,blah' give it time and it'll all be forgotten about and the news will be onto something else! TO COOL-- I havent heard from the police yet? seems they aren't that interested in film on glass!!! I'll get back on to them this week!! just a thought, so much cars on the roads in the uk are now illegal in the eyes of the law,I've lost count of the amount of cars with neon lights on while driving,those stupid window washers on the bonnet that light up at night,etc currently I'm building a mr2 with full kit,just bought a large alloy twin level spoiler from halfords only to find out this week they have changed the description on the price tag in the shop saying it is for off road use only!!! seems the police think the end plates might be dangerous???? but I see these spoilers on cars all the time,do the police stop them??? no,because they aren't bothered! I'm not saying,hey lets tint illegal,but if we all adopt a policy of installing lighter films on the front I.e. 50% like magma tint in scotland then this can only help us?

Guest naughtydog

I think 50% is the way to go. I have heard of a guy who tinted 50%, the customer got pulled and did not remove it within 7 days, he gets pulled again and refuses to remove it.

He goes to court and so does the tinter - both get ?160.00 fine.

@nal customers...who need em :booga

ND

Archived