New UK Tint Laws

Guest Tint Bob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog

Dappa you're right. Every time I see an ad on TV I say to the mrs - "that's tinted".

"Change the frigging record " she says.

The fact is, they are advertising a vehicle in that format and customers might expect the same??

I'm gonna use 50% and not show it on the invoice. I'm gonna keep my 35% on my vehicle and see if I get pulled by the police for it.

Naughtydog

you've all got the same idea as me! I constantly get told to shut up about car commercials with cars that are tinted! anyway, I think we are all taking this too seriously! I think its right to say the police arent too bothered with the light tint? over the holidays I had the traffic police drive behind me 3 times and they never bothered me once! what you have to remember is that the 70% law has been about since day one! I think they are just trying to reinforce it? sod it. :booga

Guest motaglaze
ive always known the limit was 70% and I tell my customers this before I even start the job ,I always use 35 on the fronts sometimes 20 as 70 is basicly factory glass ,I personaly rekon we all need to get togeher and try to sort this out ,we should contact every tint shop in the uk and somehow approach the ministry of transport etc to prove that 35 % is ok for the front roll ups ,hell 35 is so light you hardly notice it  :jerkit

I think its pathetic .we should all get together and hold some kind of demo ,or better still go fock blairs wife behind a tinted glass cos shes so focking ugly :

Guest motaglaze
I rekon we need to contact every tint shop in your area and let them know we want to put summat together to approach the government ,we also need tint suppliers input on this ,sun tek,sun guard,llumar,johnsons,3m etc maybe a petition or summat maybe got customers to have a say aswell ,im not sure if it would ever make a difference but weve gotta do summat

the law sucks you cant tint your rollups but you can wear sunglasses ,its the same for bikes you cant have a tinted visor but you can wear sunglasses ,they have had sientific evidence sayin that its safer to ride on a bright day witha tinted visor its even got police backing but the law still stands ,there was also a big case a while back where a company was taken to court because they sold tinted visors even tho they came with a disclaimer saying that they were not road legal and for off road use only ,what im trying to get at is if we are to have any sucsess in getting the laws changed we need asmuch backing as possible ,suppliers,customers,tinters,even accessory shops ,we realy need mot testers etc to give professional advice etc as to vehicle safety with tinted glass come on guys help me out here we need as much support as possible  :spit

we need to do something or else we gonna be all on the dole

ewfa and the ggf try but the government dont want to know! I've read the ggf report and its a says 30% is what they recommend which would be perfect as we all use 35%, but they dont reply to any e mails! neither do the department of transport! what are we to do??? by the way leo, love the pics you sent me!! :tantrum any more??? :tantrum

Archived