New UK Tint Laws

Guest Tint Bob

I've now been in contact with the department of transport (the ones responsible for making the law on tint levels) and have also contacted the ggf the people responsible for the report,I've asked them when was the report done and what was the outcome or the views of the d.o.transport? I'm waiting on a reply from both of them!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

I just had my meter certified and calibrated and comes with a sticker to certify it, cause it was reading way to low, cost was 35 bucks and I was told that the meter put out today only read bad from low battery or the electronics inside and most should last 5-6 years with out having to get them certified. I've dropped mine plenty of times so Im probally at fault the last calibration on my unit was done in 1998.

still no reply but then again it is the holidays so I'll keep you all up to date when I hear of anything! by the way dapaa I've read the report again(4th time now!) and when they say they recommend a vlt limit of 30% then that means that in their eyes as long as 30% light is coming in as opposed to the current level of 70% light coming in then if we install 35% even taking into account a couple of percent for the glass we'll still be ok!. a 35% film usually has a vlt of around 34 to 38% so take it as 34 plus 4 ish for the glass it takes the vlt down to 30%! tight but a lot better than it is with the 70% law! :thumb I wonder how many e mails I'll have to send before they either change the law or I get the police sent to my door with batons? :thumb

hi leo! to be honest I wish you were working in our government! our life's would be a lot more simple and I like your attitude about girlzz and drink!!!! by the way where is my free 2004 calendar? :passout

just thought I'd update you uk guys, still haven't heard anything from any of the people I've contacted,fair enough it is the holidays so I'll still wait! got to keep on top of this! :shoot4

Guest Tint Wiz

What are we to do going back to work tommorow ,do I tint front doors or not or does my bussiness go down the pan, I tell customers about the 70% law and they still pick 35% tint who is a at fault us for tinting or customer for picking the tint :rollin I have had 35% on my front doors for a year now and had no come backs form the plod ,but a merc up the road from me had a dark tint on front doors,and it has been taken off now :lol

Archived