door push bar

just done my first commercial job. I was really nervous but settled into the job after a bit. I had an issue with the door and ended up getting a little tear in it. went back the following week to redo the door and noticed a couple of ring scratches in the tint from people grabbing the push bar. is there anything you guys do to resolve this problem or keep it from happening? or is it just something they have to deal with? thanks.

Guest mr3y1956

If you can get Graffiti Film, it works well.

At some point the protective layer will need to be replaced and you can R&R without damaging the underlying film.

Guest mikeMN
If you can get Graffiti Film, it works well.

At some point the protective layer will need to be replaced and you can R&R without damaging the underlying film.

:lol2

just done my first commercial job. I was really nervous but settled into the job after a bit. I had an issue with the door and ended up getting a little tear in it. went back the following week to redo the door and noticed a couple of ring scratches in the tint from people grabbing the push bar. is there anything you guys do to resolve this problem or keep it from happening? or is it just something they have to deal with? thanks.

Another thing that works well and is durable is the urethane paint protection films usually used on car bumpers. It is clear and just a small strip is what you need for the contact area. It will not scratch as easily as film and is barely noticeable if done well. I agree with others that anti-graffiti can be used as well. You can usually buy just a couple sq. ft. of the urethane if you do not have it. If you do not have anti-graffiti in stock, you usually have to buy at least a 25' roll. Up to you, but both will work.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Another thing that works well and is durable is the urethane paint protection films usually used on car bumpers. It is clear and just a small strip is what you need for the contact area. It will not scratch as easily as film and is barely noticeable if done well. I agree with others that anti-graffiti can be used as well. You can usually buy just a couple sq. ft. of the urethane if you do not have it. If you do not have anti-graffiti in stock, you usually have to buy at least a 25' roll. Up to you, but both will work.

the only thing with PPF is that when taking it off of the tint sometimes it will leave adhesive on the tint itself

the only thing with PPF is that when taking it off of the tint sometimes it will leave adhesive on the tint itself

Even if it did, you could rub it off with your finger.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Even if it did, you could rub it off with your finger.

I like using grafitti since it has no issues

hmmm I will have to look into how much it is for a small piece. unless someone is willing to send me some scraps for a small fee. would like to take care of it before it gets nicked up to bad. and thanks guys.

Archived