2010 E coupe door panel removal

tintinater

This is an extremely easy door panel....First, remove shiny end plate held with 3 torx (no pic, but obvious)

Second, carefully pop cover revealing 1 larger torx

2010e350door1.jpg

Third, very carefully pop off metal trim piece, it's got some funky pops I've never seen

2010e350door2.jpg

There are two more larger torx up in the openings under the handle

2010e350door3.jpg

Then pop the door panel and lift up, popped off very easily, I was totally surprised (here I have it rested on a bucket, no reason to take it completely off)

2010e350door4.jpg

The felt piece is a little tricky, but comes off easily as well, it's attached to the front so just leave it hanging and tint yer winder, then put it back together

2010e350door5.jpg

Here's my disclaimer....I'm just a dumb old tinter, if you mess up someone's car using "my directions", then your an idiot :headbang

just curious why would you pull a frame less door panel off :spit

Cuz it kept peeling, it's crazy tight and it does the stupid "roll down an inch when you open the door" thing....even after heating and letting it sit, it would peel..... there is a second and even tighter felt piece below the top one, you have to go below that piece or it's going to peel

the only thing I do different, is that I use metal strps and bend two of them in a "S" shape. I use these for hangers to hang the pannel on the door once the weather strip is removed. they work great to hang the pannel from and not have to work around a bucket, looks more professional then a bucket...

Archived