no more beamers for me

Guest GreenCove

Guest GreenCove

fried a amp or radio control or whatever the heck it is after doing a 2010 BMW 5 something cant remember the exact number...tinted the b glass put the headrest back in then all of the sudden speakers started making a cracking noise a loud ringing started so I pulled it outside to try and dry it out next thing I know there is no sound no door ding no nothing! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack... 70K dollar car with 66 miles on it and now I have to call this dude and tell him what is up. Luckily it was one of the coolest customers that I have had, he said no problem I will have it taken care of. I have done many BMW's in the past but after this deal I dont see myself touching another one. I have better things to do than fry electronics that shouldnt be in a place where tinting the windows would effect them in the first place! You can soak a daewoo all day long and it will be fine!! WTF!!!

Yep, it happens.....did almost the same thing to a 750i a few years ago, except when I pulled it out and let it sit for couple hours, it worked fine..........I also got lucky a few months back with an '09 E class Mercedes for the dealership, service calls us later says we fried the keyless entry module, it's in one of the rear quarter areas, "pulled it out and it was soaked" :headbang , said they would warranty this one, but to "be careful in the future"... yeah, no kidding, like "not tint them anymore"

Here's what I've been doing since, I have a heavier solutioned bottle for the back window, I spray very little and clean as normal, after squeegeeing the window, no more water except I do two pumps in the middle area, "a mist" if you will, then the rest is sprayed on the film....it's a bitch at first when you're used to "flooding" like me :bottle , but I'm getting used to it, and I only do it like that for the cars I'm scared of (bmw, jag, audi, mercedes, etc.)

But I'm sure it's still a risk.

I did a audi a5 2 dr the other day . I was told they have a computer too. I used a spray bottle and soak the scub pad and didnt wet the glass. Did a very light spray before squeeging . I looked for the computer box in the back but the panels were tight . very scary not sure if its worth doing these cars.

I haven't had to tint one of these so far and I hope it stays that way by the sounds of it !

it would be good to hear some feedback from the guys who tint them every day just to see how they do it without frying anything !

Guest tint51
fried a amp or radio control or whatever the heck it is after doing a 2010 BMW 5 something cant remember the exact number...tinted the b glass put the headrest back in then all of the sudden speakers started making a cracking noise a loud ringing started so I pulled it outside to try and dry it out next thing I know there is no sound no door ding no nothing! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack... 70K dollar car with 66 miles on it and now I have to call this dude and tell him what is up. Luckily it was one of the coolest customers that I have had, he said no problem I will have it taken care of. I have done many BMW's in the past but after this deal I dont see myself touching another one. I have better things to do than fry electronics that shouldnt be in a place where tinting the windows would effect them in the first place! You can soak a daewoo all day long and it will be fine!! WTF!!!

Thanks funny!.. The BMW dealer across the street they tint them and I have not heard a problem>> I know He puts alot of solution on the back window...

Archived