Seamless Lines....whats the deal?

Guest scottydosnntkno
He must not be worried about lining up the seam on the defroster. :40

I'd suggest overlapping the pieces on the inside, across a defroster and cutting thru both pieces on the top edge of the defroster, then removing the excess...OR just learn to one piece. :lol

:lol there are times when you have to two piece though, but rarely

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If and when a splice bw is needed I splice it on the outside. when I started out thats how I learned those old accords were great. I aint telling the secret but you adjust your cut on the edges and trust me it works.

I splice as well on the outside, then install, I'll usually have a 1/4-1/2" play at the bottom when installing,

Then just shrink your top piece, and cut,

install both pieces at once,

but always ONE - PIECE IT...2 piece last resort :beer

If and when a splice bw is needed I splice it on the outside. when I started out thats how I learned those old accords were great. I aint telling the secret but you adjust your cut on the edges and trust me it works.

Thats has been the only way I've done them..seam from the outside..Apply top first heat down till its dried stuck lining it right behind the defroster line..move on to do the doors come back last and apply the bottom part very carefully and you can't f@#% it up cause a copy won't be an exact match.. this was before I knew how to 1 piece 99%..Was a 90% 2 piecer from 92 to 02!!

Archived