Peep This

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont understand why your saying 14% is legal...its not here in florida

Jeff...I'm not going to argue.....

Florida Statute # 316.2954 - Windows behind the driver.....

".....has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the film side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range...."

Florida Statute # 316.2955 - Tolerances

"Every percentage measurement required by ss. 316.2951 - 316.2954 is subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 3 percent"

Thus making 14% on the rear roll downs and back glass LEGAL. Holla!

Oh, and Your wrong on the SUV's to. :beer

when something like this happens with me, I meter the glass then write up on one of our estimate sheets that the film was metered, write down what meter it is, model #, serial #, when it was calibrated, and what the actual metered percentage was. sign it, date it. staple business card to it. then I print out the RCW code and have them take that into court. dropped every single time.

when something like this happens with me, I meter the glass then write up on one of our estimate sheets that the film was metered, write down what meter it is, model #, serial #, when it was calibrated, and what the actual metered percentage was. sign it, date it. staple business card to it. then I print out the RCW code and have them take that into court. dropped every single time.

:beer:lol2

I dont understand why your saying 14% is legal...its not here in florida

Jeff...I'm not going to argue.....

Florida Statute # 316.2954 - Windows behind the driver.....

".....has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the film side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range...."

Florida Statute # 316.2955 - Tolerances

"Every percentage measurement required by ss. 316.2951 - 316.2954 is subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 3 percent"

Thus making 14% on the rear roll downs and back glass LEGAL. Holla!

Oh, and Your wrong on the SUV's to. :beer

and thats why your customer got a ticket :lol2 with a shariff for a uncle I wont stick to your laws only floridas' laws

ok with this clause you should introduce this sub paragraph...

316.2955 Window sunscreening material; compliance labeling; tolerances. ---

(1) Each installer or seller of sunscreening material shall provide a pressure-sensitive, self-destructive, nonremovable, vinyl-type film label to the purchaser stating that the material complies with the provisions of ss. 316.2951-316.2954. Each such installer shall affix the required label to the inside left door jamb of the motor vehicle. In addition, the label shall state the trade name of the material and the installer's or seller's business name. Labeling is not required for factory glazing which complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205.

(2) Every percentage measurement required by ss. 316.2951-316.2954 is subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 3 percent.

and thats why your customer got a ticket :cool with a shariff for a uncle I wont stick to your laws only floridas' laws

So, reading the state statute verbatim, as what is legal in Florida, does not hold as much cred as Uncle Cletus the Sherrif? :lol2

(1) Each installer or seller of sunscreening material shall provide a pressure-sensitive, self-destructive, nonremovable, vinyl-type film label to the purchaser stating that the material complies with the provisions of ss. 316.2951-316.2954. Each such installer shall affix the required label to the inside left door jamb of the motor vehicle. In addition, the label shall state the trade name of the material and the installer's or seller's business name. Labeling is not required for factory glazing which complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205.

(2) Every percentage measurement required by ss. 316.2951-316.2954 is subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 3 percent.

1- Have one on every vehicle.... :beer

2- Didn't I just post that? :hmmm

and thats why your customer got a ticket :cool with a shariff for a uncle I wont stick to your laws only floridas' laws

So, reading the state statute verbatim, as what is legal in Florida, does not hold as much cred as Uncle Cletus the Sherrif? :lol2

1- Have one on every vehicle.... :beer

2- Didn't I just post that? :hmmm

I was told that a cop could right you a ticket for what ever! he is not a judge so argueing with a cop is dumb or a judge for that matter...walkind into a court room and explaining that its legal is dumb....

the right thing is to walk in with statue numbers ,,,not just johny walking in a court room saying its legal when its not! the clause state in tolerance of plus or minus 3%...so as the law states its elegal but falls into statue 316.2955 as state...when going infront of a judge you must speak on there level not it legal...you gotta give proper info...so think again about sub paragraphs

the right thing is to walk in with statue numbers ,,,not just johny walking in a court room saying its legal when its not! the clause state in tolerance of plus or minus 3%...so as the law states its elegal but falls into statue 316.2955 as state...when going infront of a judge you must speak on there level not it legal...you gotta give proper info...so think again about sub paragraphs

:hmmm ..... Please re-read My original post.....I gave customer ALL the supporting documentation.....Love Ya Jeff! ..... :lol2

:cool:beer

Archived