xpel install gel

Bababooey,

Give me a call at the office or drop me an e-mail at jphillips@xpel.com and I'll send you a sample of the new stuff. We finally got back from the SEMA show, so I should be in first thing Monday morning!

I love the new gel 2.0. It make installs so much easier and faster. Especially on black cars...just did a black car and it came out absolutely 100% clear. Then I found a small hair right smack in the middle of the bumper so I lifted the kit, got the hair out with tweezers, laid the kit back down and everything was fine. I called the customer back about 3 hrs after I completed the install and he said that the lift line disappeared 100% so it was perfect again. Cant go wrong with the gel....money well spent and worth it.

Plus if you get gel trapped underneath the kit once it's down...as long as it's not trapped air but just trapped gel then it will evaporate. Just tell the customer not to touch those areas at all until this happens or else they will mess it up and it will look like crap.

Welcome to the forum alassing, we never got an introduction from ya, where are you from? :passout

Welcome to the forum alassing, we never got an introduction from ya, where are you from? :bingo

HI.....Sorry about that....I'm in North Western Pa....(Pittsburgh Area)!!!! GO STEELERS (DONT HATE)!!!.

Been installing PPF for over almost 4 years now. I've been to XPEL's training classes in San Antonio, TX, both basic and advanced courses.

These last almost 4 years or so have been a huge learning event for me in this industry.

When I 1st started doing this it was nothing but frustration but eventually I got to the point where it's kinda 2nd nature to me.

I've been reading this forum for awhile now but just recently signed up as a member.

My company name is:

Prestige Auto Armor

Just got my gallon yesterday. No installs on the board but I'm doing training at a dealership for door edges and trunk openings tomorrow so I'm going to get to try it out. The previous gel was great with 3M but it seemed to be picky with the ratios. I knocked out a flawless black Mini with it, then the next day struggled with the film sticking everywhere. The premix should give us consistency. The biggest benefit aside from making installations easier, is the edges stick much better because the gel doesn't "stick" to the film like soap does.

Just got back. I didn't use it on the door edges, but I did on the trunk openings. Amazing. All you do is stretch and squeegee. I'll be using this for all my installs now on. Anybody using 3M needs to give this a try. I put a trunk opening down, pulled it off, and installed it again with zero flaws. I also didn't respray it, I just wiped the gel I squeegeed out around a bit. I've got a black car to do later this week and I actually can't wait to use the gel on it.

My only problem was my sprayer couldn't spray the gel. It would just come out in little squirts. Maybe Jeff could chime in with a solution?

My only problem was my sprayer couldn't spray the gel. It would just come out in little squirts. Maybe Jeff could chime in with a solution?

Interesting. I've never seen a sprayer that the gel didn't work with. Try one of the hi-flow bottles that they have at Home Depot and Wal-Mart (although they almost spray too much).

You hit on the key to success with the gel: don't spray more than you have to. From my experience, the only people that don't like the gel (initially) are the ones that use the gel exactly like they would shampoo, constantly respraying. Because the gel doesn't drip or evaporate like shampoo, if you keep spraying over and over, you will get much more than you need. The more experience you have with the gel, the less you will use per install. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to do 6 or 7 hood/fender kits with a 32 oz spray bottle, no problem.

Archived