Flight costs increase for the obese

not all large people can do anything about it. There are lots of disability's, conditions and diseases that keep people large. I fly LOTS and find being squeezed tighter in my seat when setting next to a large person much easier than being in their shoes. Flying tomorrow to STL to teach a class.

Cheers

Stan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember flyinf down to the Carrabean once and there was a woman who squashed herself into her seat beside me , but she definately needed 2 seats because her body filled the cracks and crevaces underneath the armrest AND my folddown tray ..my armrest wouldn't rest on a 90 degree angle..it was at a 45 degree angle pushed down on her stomach..with my tray being uneven , my Coke spilled all over me when she slightly moved soaking my pants thoroughly through and I had to sit in a pool of Coke for the duration of the flight..I was pizzed..yet they give her the choice of one seat or 2 seats, she chooses 1 seat and I end up paying in other ways ...true story. I'm not the one discriminating though, however I feel discriminated against that if a person is over 300lbs and pays for 1 seat, why do I have to pay more than them if I weigh 170lbs but I pay more because I'm 30lbs over in luggage weight alowance..I'm still 100lbs UNDER what a 300lb person is with regular weight luggage. If they chaqrge me for more weight , they should charge them for more weight ..is it not fair ? I'm willing to accept the "discrimination" word as to why not as long as they stop charging my 10 per lb I'm over in luggage because I found a few things I like.

weight on a plane is weight on a plane ..yes ?

I tell ya, I travel alot on business and have seen it all......Full row to myself, empty seat between, full row.....etc.

The worst flight I had was a 6 am flight from San Francisco to Dallass after being bumped the night before and sittin at the airport all night. They give me a center seat in an exit row ( I hate those seats) inbetween the guy at the window who couldnt keep his friggin elbows in his own space and the 400 lb man on the aisle whose body spread into my seat. Now, I can feel for the aisle seat, since I am a larger guy, but stay in my space, but the window dude.......no way. He got up to use the can and when he returned, I left my arm on the armrest with my elbows into HIS space. He actualy had the nerve to say something and my only response was " I didnt think you would mind since YOUR elbow has been in me ribs for the last hour!!" Shut him up pretty quick. And to boot, I was flying on a pass! (Wife works for the airline!!!) I have sympathy for your situation, but still feel that if you cannot confine yourself to the space you paid for, you must pay for more!

I tell ya, I travel alot on business and have seen it all......Full row to myself, empty seat between, full row.....etc.

The worst flight I had was a 6 am flight from San Francisco to Dallass after being bumped the night before and sittin at the airport all night. They give me a center seat in an exit row ( I hate those seats) inbetween the guy at the window who couldnt keep his friggin elbows in his own space and the 400 lb man on the aisle whose body spread into my seat. Now, I can feel for the aisle seat, since I am a larger guy, but stay in my space, but the window dude.......no way. He got up to use the can and when he returned, I left my arm on the armrest with my elbows into HIS space. He actualy had the nerve to say something and my only response was " I didnt think you would mind since YOUR elbow has been in me ribs for the last hour!!" Shut him up pretty quick. And to boot, I was flying on a pass! (Wife works for the airline!!!) I have sympathy for your situation, but still feel that if you cannot confine yourself to the space you paid for, you must pay for more!

Like the response to guy... :bingo

No they have to do something about all the big bags as carry on....

Archived