I know people hate to talk about it

but I just told my first customer that I won't install 5% films. In the name of getting my business on it's feet, we've been installing it the last year. People were willing to pay a fair bit extra for it and I was needing the money. I'm not going to order any for the next few months and see if I notice the impact, I mean I would only do maybe 2-3 cars a month in it anyways. Actually, I lied, I turned someone away last week, only because he sounded like the usual obnoxious south valley thug on the phone.

He says, "How much to tint my xxxxxx, I want the leeeemo (limo) tint, eh?"

"Is your xxxxxx a limo?"

Silence...

"If you want it tinted, the state law is 20%, I can do it for ---"

I had a good laugh out of that conversation.

But yeah, I hate installing the stuff, I don't think I need the money like I did last year, and now being a bit more established I want to cut down on the risk that someone might do something stupid and get me sued over it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint14u
Of course, if you get a person wants 5% on the back glass it might not be bad to keep some on hand.

my biggest fear is that someone is going to back over someone's kid, and I'm going to get taken to the cleaners for it.

I know what your saying on this,this is the worst I have ever seen. I have noticed I have been laying alot more illegal film than I choose,but damn if the bills don't have no mercy. Back in 03 I was arrested for laying illegal film,little younger then,and making enough to not give a fock. But now I know I damn sure can not afford a 5,000$ fine :ninja

Archived