Pattern cutting software

Guest VaTinterPMan

Great review of the programs! :dunno What everybody should do even for film or a new car that is done! : beer once again should be able to just save that .eps file to hard drive. or a Image!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll forgot 1 FilmDesigns is right up their with computercut (wich I have used) and they are recomended by Roland(plotters). I would say try it if you get a chance. Their tech support is great ( I'm not a computer person and they have helped me figure out a lot of stuff) (not problems)

Guest preppyboy510

I use Llumar Precision Cut at my shop. I love it! It's $120 a month and it gives you the option to cut a shorter version for the cars that are harder to tuck. We also use Tint Tek 20/20, mainly for vinyl but also for front strips. LPC's customer service is great to. No problems with either cutting software. LPC has windshields too! Makes it so much easier to do windshields.

whats the price on CC, purchase and monthly?

depends on the package you get...I know we spend 110 a month and as far as the plotter goes you can use any...so if you have a plotter already it would save you big bucks :spit

Uh, NOT true. They must be HPGL compatible plotters which many are - but not all. :spit

I use Llumar Precision Cut at my shop. I love it! It's $120 a month and it gives you the option to cut a shorter version for the cars that are harder to tuck. We also use Tint Tek 20/20, mainly for vinyl but also for front strips. LPC's customer service is great to. No problems with either cutting software. LPC has windshields too! Makes it so much easier to do windshields.

Whole windshields or just windshield strips? When I had the program they did not have windshileds, is this something they just added recently?

I pay $400 every quarter for LPC. So thats about $134 per month . I change over from CC because older patterns were bad. But CC has more features like adjusting sunstrips , importing graphics and a few other things . Also I sent in about comments on patterns to LPC and they keep repling no one else has a problem so it must be the car I am working on . Thinking of going back to CC . As far as price with CC . The older customers pay less than new ones. When I left CC I was paying $100 and I signed up I think in 2004 . New customers I think pay $140 . Not sure though .

I pay $400 every quarter for LPC. So thats about $134 per month . I change over from CC because older patterns were bad. But CC has more features like adjusting sunstrips , importing graphics and a few other things . Also i sent in about comments on patterns to LPC and they keep repling no one else has a problem so it must be the car i am working on . Thinking of going back to CC . As far as price with CC . The older customers pay less than new ones. When i left CC i was paying $100 and i signed up i think in 2004 . New customers i think pay $140 . Not sure though .

As of 2011, everyone pays $180 (up $10 from 2010) with a minimum quarterly purchase of $500 in film / clearbra material / tools

BEKAERT is going to kill the goose one day, you watch and see :thumb

Ya'll forgot 1 FilmDesigns is right up their with computercut (wich I have used) and they are recomended by Roland(plotters). I would say try it if you get a chance. Their tech support is great ( I'm not a computer person and they have helped me figure out a lot of stuff) (not problems)

Ditto here. Film and Vinyl Designs is an awesome powerful tool. Not as user friendly as CC but it does soooooooo much more. Once Brett took the time to show me how to use it and get the most out of the program I believe it is the most powerful cut program on the planet. And it is cheaper than CC too - especially if you are CC dealer who is wanting to migrate to FD. Try it out and give it a chance and I think you will agree it is equally as good or even better than CC. :blink:

Archived