Performance Films Distribution......

So, You know I'm not one to gossip, so listen closely as I am only going to say this one time..... :lol2

As of February 22nd, Peformance Films Distribution is no more. All LuLu shipments will be coming direct out of the St Louis Distribution center.

Don't ask Me how I know this, I just do.... :poke

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good call booms!

nothing will change im sure...still film and products will still have that next day delivery! the one thing I look forward to if that use to be in florida and now its up north...YEA BYE BYE SALES TAX!!!

so you would think our price would go down also.

You can rest assured prices will not go down, By eliminating the distributor they will be able to maintain the mark up the middleman was getting and add it to their own bottom line. The flip side of the equation is that they will need to staff and service the accounts which will add net cost to the situation. Some bean counter somewhere ran the figures and they deemed it more profitable in the near term. It is my opinion that others will soon follow suit.

You can rest assured prices will not go down, By eliminating the distributor they will be able to maintain the mark up the middleman was getting and add it to their own bottom line. The flip side of the equation is that they will need to staff and service the accounts which will add net cost to the situation. Some bean counter somewhere ran the figures and they deemed it more profitable in the near term. It is my opinion that others will soon follow suit.

as long as they dont sell to ever has a pair of sizzors or olfa I will make me happy, just knowing im buying straight from the man and not the middle man...

thats why alot of people like jwf ,because its the man that is bought from

as long as they dont sell to ever has a pair of sizzors or olfa I will make me happy, just knowing im buying straight from the man and not the middle man...

I think you are going to see mannys selling to whoever can stroke a check. Think of this way. The way they make $ is by schlepping film. The recession has on average dropped income and thus profit margins by 40% and for some mannys even more. If the installers on the street are not buying the goods they are not covering their nut, It is that simple. the only way they can hope to survive is to cut costs. That is why I said that soon other MFRS will follow suit and turn to factory direct... They need to if they want to stay afloat.

I think you are going to see mannys selling to whoever can stroke a check. Think of this way. The way they make $ is by schlepping film. The recession has on average dropped income and thus profit margins by 40% and for some mannys even more. If the installers on the street are not buying the goods they are not covering their nut, It is that simple. the only way they can hope to survive is to cut costs. That is why I said that soon other MFRS will follow suit and turn to factory direct... They need to if they want to stay afloat.

Thats the right call, Tom. They dont and wont car about who buys it, just as long as they make the sale. Unfortunately, the reps they have on the road do not seem to actually visit many accounts. I have never heard from a LuLu rep, as many can also say. So, this means thay do not know what the account looks like. (sh!thole or top end shop)

I was just there today picking up some tools. I wondered why they moved their tool division to another location down the road a few months ago and changed the current locations name to performance films. From what I could tell when I went in the back to do some off the shelf shopping, it looked like business as usual as far as the amount of film supply they had.

Archived