HELP PLEASE

Guest Gunner

Guest Gunner

I need some advice on the back roll down windows on a 1995 Ford Tauras, Now the way that I typically do roll down windows is the half and half technique, but on these paticular windows they roll upwards with an angle into the frame..I dont know if im even making sense..if someone out there understands what the hell im talking about please let me know...

Thanks

GUNNER

Guest scottydosnntkno
you have to remove the door panel and gasket, that way you dont pinch the film.

either that, or I partially install the top edge, fold it under itself, roll the window up while pushing on it, and then slide/unfold the film under the trim and finish installing

Guest Gunner

Thanks guys, ya these suck, next time I will pull the door panels to make it easier, I did it the way scotty said and it worked but I still had a bit of a crease in the corners, I hope I dont see another one of those for awhile :krazy

Thanks guys, ya these suck, next time I will pull the door panels to make it easier, I did it the way scotty said and it worked but I still had a bit of a crease in the corners, I hope I dont see another one of those for awhile :dunno

Did you leave it there? Or did you re-do it? :lol

That was about the era when we went to all FG. There was a shop we worked with that would pull the windows out for us , We would do them first, Let them dry as we finished the rest of the car and the shop owner would put them back in. I know it is the wussy way of doing it, But wow ... much easier.

Archived