window tint question

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com
Again...........I must throw my rookie disclaimer out there, but seems like dryer sheet dry shrinking THUS FAR (knock on wood) is working out for me.

Give it a shot! You might like it more and have better success than wet.

I got you rookie of the year jp, bounty is the only brand to use correct

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scottsfire
Again...........I must throw my rookie disclaimer out there, but seems like dryer sheet dry shrinking THUS FAR (knock on wood) is working out for me.

I got you rookie of the year jp, bounty is the only brand to use correct

?????? Sorry, wasn't calling you a rookie I was simply trying to state a disclaimer that I was a rookie and that any information I give you might want to take with a grain of salt. Sorry for the confusion.

Guest tintjam65

Continue to use soapy water but let it dry before laying down your film and then dry shrink (I read that technique here on TD a few years ago).

Soap is less toxic than using Bounce (not Bounty) dryer sheets for dry shrink.

Wet shrink is so old school. :lol2:dunno:lol2

Guest tintjam65
darkness- harsh detergents are bad for films, which is why you don't use the "extra degreasing power" or "hand softening" dish soaps. You just use plain, lemon scented joy. Just about the most basic dish soap you can buy. Many tinters on here have been using it for tens of years with zero issues related directly to the soap.

Is it an oxymoron to speak about harsh detergent and yet still advise using a harsh (dish) detergent.

Baby Shampoo replaced any dish soap back before I even started tinting, dish soap is so old school. :dunno

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

scott wow man I didn't mean to come off like a smart ass, I just talk like that Im a rookie heck I am not even at the stage yet im just a college prospect haha I think that is below a rookie. I have been useing global window film and I am very impressed I had been tryn to tint th back window on my camaro man its been a itche, I keep wrinkling the tint I think im going to sigh up for a class in atlanta that teaches how to do it, before I Keep wasten tint I think they will give me a hands on expereince. I really apperciate everyone comments. I have learned alot this week and have became best friends with a heat gun and how to get them bubbles out that wont budge.

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

I think the elements are about burned it its run hard and slows down I've got in on a 10/4 extention cordI mean your gonna have voltage drop but no that much, I run it off the same one as my 110 air compressor and no problems, the heat gun is a old marine corp special that my friend is letting me borrow, its seen its better days. also scott your right its my lack of ability to do it right but I think the gun is 10 percent of the problem.

Guest scottydosnntkno

no matter how old it is, the heat gun is not going to cause you to burn up the film and crease it. If the gun is really as bad as you say it is, you should be better, since its a common thing to either learn with the heat gun on low, or to do harder windows with it on low because you have more time to work the film while shrinking.

Guest tintjam65
no matter how old it is, the heat gun is not going to cause you to burn up the film

I disagree with this. I've had old heat guns make a humming noise, subtly vibrate and the film acts funny once the gun gets this way.

Toss the old, pull out a brand new one and complete the window without the same weird film reactions. :lol2

But then again I am cheap when it comes to heat guns. :lol2

Archived