window tint question

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

thanks darkness, I appreciate your information, "honestly I never expected a reply back from anyone because being new to the forum but I really apreciated everyones input its greatly appreciated. I just ordered a lil chizler do they really help get the creases out, also what would you guys define a crease as being I might not know yall's lingo.

Justin

Guest Darknesswithin
thanks darkness, I appreciate your information, "honestly I never expected a reply back from anyone because being new to the forum but I really apreciated everyones input its greatly appreciated. I just ordered a lil chizler do they really help get the creases out, also what would you guys define a crease as being I might not know yall's lingo.

Justin

no problem Justin!,, just trying to help..

the lil chizler does help but is not the answer to fixing crease's, it takes time and experience to prevent those issue's

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

yeah I understand that im looking at globals tint I found a dealer in my state. My BIGGEST issue in tinting is I have to take door panels off I can seem to slide the tint in place or get the trim/weather strippn far enough off window to slide it down, do you do that part first or slide it in place last I never really see how people do it, I really can't go to a local shop and ask them its like me trying to take there business which its far from that lol

Guest Darknesswithin

I don't remove door panel on cars at all,, some find it easier to do so, you'll just have to find the way the works best for you. and yeah your right local shops/tinters don't like to really share there secrets and methods of installing film and for the most of it I can't much blame them for that.. but I'm over that part myself,, I like to help other tinters that are willing to learn something new or a different way to install the film... I learn something new all the time with the way these new cars are being built

personally I use a carpet shield, it allows me to slide the film down under the seal preventing a bottom peel up and most of all a light gap at the seal.!

I have a strip and retint coming up in a few days and the problem is the last tinter cut the film at the seal before installation OR he didn't get the film below the seal to begin with, I'll be postiong those pics up for sure!

I'd say getting hooked up with global will help you in the begining,, No I don't use that film but I have installed a few cars with it and didn't really see any problems,, I'm waiting to see how long it will last down here in Fl,, I stay in touch with most of my customers periodically just to ensure they stay happy with my products and service,,

Gila is junk along with the maufacture that makes it....

if your going to start tinting my :dunno would be to look into these films to start with....

Suntek or Global, they won't break your wallet up too bad,, good luck

CP Films is junk?? what are you smokin??

Just how many freaking pictures do you want me to post up with CP film failures??? I have ALOT!

Purple! Hard coat FLAKING! Adhesive failure! shall I go on?

look this guy asked a quesion about a film, nothing I said is a lie and nothing I'll ever say about films will be a lie,

point is they ALL fail over time, some faster than others , some is caused by what you clean them with, some fail even if you never touch it after installation!

are you one of those that use dish soap to mount film?

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

that carpet shield sounds like a really good idea. whats up with tint pimp he hitting the bottle early tonight haha, Im figuring ill order the 36''x100 to start out with I got some friends that got busted for haven there tint 20 pecent and the state patrol is enforcing 35%, I dont blame them. I Figure 15 bucks a window not to bad that'd be 30 bucks for 2 cars windows for instance a 1998 mustang. I know around here they charge 70, I'm not tring to cut people throats, but then again I'm not opening up a huge shop either. Just something to build on, takes practice a buddys gf's gets a new ride you guys follow me.

I don't remove door panel on cars at all,, some find it easier to do so, you'll just have to find the way the works best for you. and yeah your right local shops/tinters don't like to really share there secrets and methods of installing film and for the most of it I can't much blame them for that.. but I'm over that part myself,, I like to help other tinters that are willing to learn something new or a different way to install the film... I learn something new all the time with the way these new cars are being built

personally I use a carpet shield, it allows me to slide the film down under the seal preventing a bottom peel up and most of all a light gap at the seal.!

I have a strip and retint coming up in a few days and the problem is the last tinter cut the film at the seal before installation OR he didn't get the film below the seal to begin with, I'll be postiong those pics up for sure!

I'd say getting hooked up with global will help you in the begining,, No I don't use that film but I have installed a few cars with it and didn't really see any problems,, I'm waiting to see how long it will last down here in Fl,, I stay in touch with most of my customers periodically just to ensure they stay happy with my products and service,,

You are giving a lot of pointers without knowing where he is from...

Gila is junk along with the maufacture that makes it....

if your going to start tinting my :dunno would be to look into these films to start with....

Suntek or Global, they won't break your wallet up too bad,, good luck

CP Films is junk?? what are you smokin??

Just how many freaking pictures do you want me to post up with CP film failures??? I have ALOT!

Purple! Hard coat FLAKING! Adhesive failure! shall I go on?

look this guy asked a quesion about a film, nothing I said is a lie and nothing I'll ever say about films will be a lie,

point is they ALL fail over time, some faster than others , some is caused by what you clean them with, some fail even if you never touch it after installation!

are you one of those that use dish soap to mount film?

I do...is it wrong? I use Joy or Dawn dish/hand soap.

Archived