Might switch to Express Window Films

I've used global Hp for a couple years. Iv never had any problems with global, but the service wasn't the greatest. I ended up switching to Suntek Carbon, which I like, but I think for the money there are better films out there, global to name one. So, im thinking of going with EWF, but Im not sure if its worth having the film shipped when I can get suntek, sungard, solar gard, global, and madico locally. If the film is really good, it might be worth it though. Also, does anyone know if Global and EWF are from the same manufacturer?... and if I go with EWF, will there tru smoke and tru black hold up in the hot weather where I am? I just want to find a film a stick with it, im sick of changing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I meant was, does EWF make global. If the films are the same or similar, I don't see the point in getting EWF shipped when Global is 10 minutes away.

No, EWF does not make Global, its more likely that its the other way around, but that is only speculation on my part. They do shrink very similar, the adhesive isn`t as aggressive on the EWF though.

Guest scottydosnntkno
What I meant was, does EWF make global. If the films are the same or similar, I don't see the point in getting EWF shipped when Global is 10 minutes away.

No, EWF does not make Global, its more likely that its the other way around, but that is only speculation on my part. They do shrink very similar, the adhesive isn`t as aggressive on the EWF though.

:beer although the adhesive depends on the film. True Black doesn't have the most aggressive adhesive on it, but all the other films are just fine. True Smoke seems very similar to the original QD to me, except with a better warranty

Guest scottydosnntkno
bout all I see the true black good for is looks, whats it 25% heat rejection and uv greater than 98 :beer

what difference does 1.9% UV make, really?

I don't install TB for performance, I install it for looks. 1 out of 25 of my customers actually asks for a high performance film, the other 96% just want "dark" or "black" windows to look cool.

bout all I see the true black good for is looks, whats it 25% heat rejection and uv greater than 98 :lol

what difference does 1.9% UV make, really?

I don't install TB for performance, I install it for looks. 1 out of 25 of my customers actually asks for a high performance film, the other 96% just want "dark" or "black" windows to look cool.

You'll have to get V to chime in on that :lol if I had to guess id say less than par uv inhibitors which will make the film break down much faster :beer

Archived