Suggestions for Boat Tint

Guest Holden

thank you guys. gonna call daddy's tint.

Call Sunsational Solutions, and talk to Jeff or Jonathan. They are stand up guys. Im not sure they are in the boat tinting biz, but I am sure they will perform a killer install if they do it.

id go with what ever looks the best, if the boat has silvers and gray graphics id use a all metal...if it has allot of black I would use regular black tint..metal or non metal...if its a open boat you will not worry about heat, just the life of the film...if the boat has greens or earth tones you may want to use a bronze....yes some metals are bad around water but really is the boat a ski boat? is it in the water all the time? is it in salt or fresh water...these are all the questions I would of ask

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjam65

Just for looks on a small boat straight dyed film

On a Yacht with gyro, you would look toward ceramic film for solar & looks, avoiding metallized film.

Some gyros may be impacted negatively by metallized tint on yacht windows.

Edit: :lol2 Forgot to delete after a write over. :bingo:beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
Some gyros may be impacted negatively by metallized tint on yacht windows. which may interfere with some gyros.

you really had to say it twice :phone

Guest Holden

Not a yacht, just an open bow runabout. I got a quote from Daddy's for $350-$400, and suggested I take the window off and bring it to him. That is not gonna happen. The quest continues.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Not a yacht, just an open bow runabout. I got a quote from Daddy's for $350-$400, and suggested I take the window off and bring it to him. That is not gonna happen. The quest continues.

If you take the windows out, it comes out 10x cleaner. I take out any windows I can, since their usually just held in by a bunch of screws and some pressure fit gaskets. If their riveted in, then I tint them as is. If their a professional shop, taking out the windows is no biggie, its not going to mess anything up :phone

Taking the windows out is perfectly normal. I'd tell you the same thing if you called me

New to the forum, so I apologize if I'm asking a noob question. Here it goes: What is the best tint for a boat? Some info: I have an 18' runabout with curved tempered glass windows. I want then pretty dark. What is the best film for this job? (are there marine specific films?) Also, can I go ceramic, or should I stick with metallic? Lastly, what can I expect to pay? I'm in San Antonio if anyone has a recommendation as to an installer.

Thanks in advance

As far as going dark, it will look cool but you will hate driving the boat with dark windows. I had a 99 Crownline 202 LPX and installed atr15. Boat looked bitchen but you needed to look over the windshield when driving across the lake. I suggest NO darker than 35% on the windows of your boat.

If you take the windows out, it comes out 10x cleaner. I take out any windows I can, since their usually just held in by a bunch of screws and some pressure fit gaskets. If their riveted in, then I tint them as is. If their a professional shop, taking out the windows is no biggie, its not going to mess anything up :dunno

Taking the windows out is perfectly normal. I'd tell you the same thing if you called me

I always try to take them out too. Its actually very easy, and does save time.

New to the forum, so I apologize if I'm asking a noob question. Here it goes: What is the best tint for a boat? Some info: I have an 18' runabout with curved tempered glass windows. I want then pretty dark. What is the best film for this job? (are there marine specific films?) Also, can I go ceramic, or should I stick with metallic? Lastly, what can I expect to pay? I'm in San Antonio if anyone has a recommendation as to an installer.

Thanks in advance

As far as going dark, it will look cool but you will hate driving the boat with dark windows. I had a 99 Crownline 202 LPX and installed atr15. Boat looked bitchen but you needed to look over the windshield when driving across the lake. I suggest NO darker than 35% on the windows of your boat.

This is really good advice. I did a friends boat with 5% and when we are on the lake, he is looking over the windshield b/c you cant see out of it well. Of course, he had always looked over the windshield, but "redneckj" does bring up a valid point. 35% will look nice as well, with a soft smoked look.

BTW

When some personal watercraft using drunk fool goes under your boat he'll be looking for a reason to sue.

Been many such suits due to wrecks on California Lakes, but hey whatya expect its California.

Just for looks on a small boat straight dyed film

On a Yacht with gyro,

Some gyros may be impacted negatively

I like gyros, but I take off the tomatoes and add feta cheese. The sauce is awesome! :twocents

Archived