Solutia Acquires Novomatrix

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fly Paper

We live in a world of big fish eating little fish! Does it really matter anymore who owns what? None of them care about dealers anyway. 3M and Solutia want to turn every shop into install bitches. And if you don't take it the next guy needs to feed his family just like everybody else.

They don't need dealers when they can go to the glaziers unions (that don't have glass to install or anything to build) and get them to install film.

The only guys that'll make it in this business will offer cutting edge technology like custom printed film and graphics in addition to film. I know for a fact that Solutia is preparing a massive marketing blitz so it'll be fun to watch the circus. Too be continued........

Guest vclimber
We are hearing that Sun Gard (Solamatrix) is not included in this acquisition. More to come. .

Read the PR. No mention of Solomatrix acquisition, no direct distribution rights owned in the US, no purchase of Southwall (it would have been cheaper), no capital assets bought such as machinery. A lot of speculation going on... my Llumar rep called 1st thing (he's going through his rolodex big-time this morning) and said that they have use of the HO MFG facility in Houston to help them catch up with production. :lol:embar

Capitalists... :lol:embar

Karl with right!

But ".....Novomatrix, a leader in branding, marketing ......." is DARTZ

Visit My Website

We'd like to add an aside to this story real quick: Jesus these guys are good. It's like they sit around getting drunk all day, shooting the %&$# about how ridiculous they could make a car, except they write it down and do it. Thank you for keeping it real Dartz, you might be the most interesting carmaker in the world.

We are hearing that Sun Gard (Solamatrix) is not included in this acquisition. More to come. .

Read the PR. No mention of Solomatrix acquisition, no direct distribution rights owned in the US, no purchase of Southwall (it would have been cheaper), no capital assets bought such as machinery. A lot of speculation going on... my Llumar rep called 1st thing (he's going through his rolodex big-time this morning) and said that they have use of the HO MFG facility in Houston to help them catch up with production. :embar:lol

I believe (70% confident) that Novomatrix has a significant ownership interest in Southwall which might be an asset for them. Further Solutia might be able to supplant another company for some finished goods.

Still the Asia and Pac Rim and Middle East markets are huge for V Kool (I have no idea how they accomplished this?? but I know that they do.

Huper Optik is another jewel in the crown (obviously)

This is fun to watch.

Read the PR. No mention of Solomatrix acquisition, no direct distribution rights owned in the US, no purchase of Southwall (it would have been cheaper), no capital assets bought such as machinery. A lot of speculation going on... my Llumar rep called 1st thing (he's going through his rolodex big-time this morning) and said that they have use of the HO MFG facility in Houston to help them catch up with production. :Dkrazy.gif

I believe (70% confident) that Novomatrix has a significant ownership interest in Southwall which might be an asset for them. Further Solutia might be able to supplant another company for some finished goods.

Still the Asia and Pac Rim and Middle East markets are huge for V Kool (I have no idea how they accomplished this?? but I know that they do.

Huper Optik is another jewel in the crown (obviously)

This is fun to watch.

All mentioned company's are owned by one rich chinese man VK, HO, NM - IMHO of course...

Guest Bob30

icon_yoda.gif

In our time... In a place nearby...

The CERAMIC WARS rage on.

What will happen to EXISTING V-Kool / Huper Optik Dealers World-Wide?

What type of Competition will existing V-KOOL / HUPER OPTIK DEALERS Face?

Will Llumar sell V-Kool & Ceramic Films to SELECTED DEALERS or ALL DEALERS?

Will there be Geographic Exclusive Territories?

Will the cost of the product change?

Who will do the CONVERTING / COATING of HUPER and V-KOOL Films, now that Llumar will buy directly from Southwall?

When does the CONTRACT for supplying V-Kool/Huper films between SOUTHWALL and NOVOMATRIX(Now Llumar) EXPIRE?

What will the future of SOLAMATRIX entail?

Archived