Just got EWF samples....wheres the 5%?

I tried this film out and im already over it. I shrinks slower than anything ive worked with and doesn't cut well throught two layers. I ruined TWO double patterns trying to cut the top edge, with a fresh blade. I even got side fingers on a visor, never seen that. I really like the look of the true black, but this film is not for me.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunlimited

Got some abnormal fingers my self but worked through them. Really liked the color, will be contacting Howard next week to place an order.. :nope

Guest scottydosnntkno
I tried this film out and im already over it. I shrinks slower than anything ive worked with and doesn't cut well throught two layers. I ruined TWO double patterns trying to cut the top edge, with a fresh blade. I even got side fingers on a visor, never seen that. I really like the look of the true black, but this film is not for me.

it takes a long time to shrink because its a really thick film. You need a powerful heat gun to shrink it(milwaukee big red, etc). its nice doing the back glass's, because its very forgiving. It shrinks slow, and is hard to overheat/burn.

just takes getting used to :gasp

Guest gabe

I double cut patterns all day and micro edge works great. I haven't ruined a double pattern yet been using TB for a year. Great film for the price. :gasp

Guest scottydosnntkno

I double cut patterns all day and micro edge works great. I haven't ruined a double pattern yet been using TB for a year. Great film for the price. :gasp

:beer I double cut everything too with no problems.

I don't think its a film you can just jump into if you're used to a thinner film(most on the market). TB may be as thick as some other films, but it handles way different. Its very stiff and strong, and takes a lot to mess it up.

I double cut patterns all day and micro edge works great. I haven't ruined a double pattern yet been using TB for a year. Great film for the price. :beer

:gasp I double cut everything too with no problems.

I don't think its a film you can just jump into if you're used to a thinner film(most on the market). TB may be as thick as some other films, but it handles way different. Its very stiff and strong, and takes a lot to mess it up.

Are you claiming that True Black (1.5 mils thick) is "thicker" than Suntek HP (1.5 mils thick)?

Guest scottydosnntkno

I double cut patterns all day and micro edge works great. I haven't ruined a double pattern yet been using TB for a year. Great film for the price. :coffee

:coffee I double cut everything too with no problems.

Are you claiming that True Black (1.5 mils thick) is "thicker" than Suntek HP (1.5 mils thick)?

it FEELS thicker. I think its made out of a stiffer PET

:coffee I double cut everything too with no problems.

Its just gonna take some time to get used to. I've only did one back glass on a 99 Impala, I used non ultra joy for slip and it tacked up with zero follow up. I tried the slip tack twice and wasn't sipping enough, even when using twice the amount of my joy.

Scotty, what do you use to smooth the tint while dry shrinking? I've been using a glove to smooth while shrinking, but with Tru black im thinking a hard card might work better.

Archived