ASWF AUTOMOTIVE FILM

Guest revinkevin

As far as the cost of making the product, there usually is not a lot of cost once everything is set up other than basic maintenance. I know I can relate this to drug manufacturing. Drugs are not as expensive to manufacture as what they cost on the initial release. Most of the expense is paying for the initial R&D to get that product to the point of sale. When a company has the higher price at the beginning you can bet you are paying for the development of that product and about 20 others that did not make it to the point of release. If you track basic manufacturing, the price goes down over time after the R&D cost has been re-couped with some profits for the investors. With the advent of more competition, they will scale the price faster, but also still divert some money for future R&D. If they get into a slump like the economy now, then the first thing that gets cut is R&D.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as the cost of making the product, there usually is not a lot of cost once everything is set up other than basic maintenance. I know I can relate this to drug manufacturing. Drugs are not as expensive to manufacture as what they cost on the initial release. Most of the expense is paying for the initial R&D to get that product to the point of sale. When a company has the higher price at the beginning you can bet you are paying for the development of that product and about 20 others that did not make it to the point of release. If you track basic manufacturing, the price goes down over time after the R&D cost has been re-couped with some profits for the investors. With the advent of more competition, they will scale the price faster, but also still divert some money for future R&D. If they get into a slump like the economy now, then the first thing that gets cut is R&D.

Agreed, but I was still paying high prices on AT/ATC until Global made a presence then the korean films. Now they have no choice if they want to stay competitive. Dont get me wrong, Lulu is a superior product IMO then Global films, but they didnt show up pushing film at much of a different price then they do now.

Guest scottydosnntkno

:twocents

thats why when patents run out on drugs, you can get the generics for $4 or free from the pharmacy, and its the exact same thing.

My uncle is working on a new cancer drug(well, has been working on it for like 10 years) and when it goes to market, it'll fetch hundreds of millions, if not over 1billion dollars, which is why it will cost a fortune to buy, since the drug company has to recoup that profits and then some.

I HAVE ALSO TRIED THE FILM. THE CLAIRITY IS AMAZING. THE HEAT SHRINKING IS AWESOME AND THERE GROWING QUICKLY WITH ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS THEY HAVE MADE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS. NO OTHER MANUFACTERUER OUT THERE SEEMS TO HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY THAT ASWF HAS. NOT ONLY DO THEY HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT BUT THEY HAVE WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAVE ALSO JUST COME OUT WITH A CHARCOAL THAT I TRIED AND I REALLY LIKE. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A NEW COMPANY I HIGHLY RECCOMEND TRYING ASWF.

Seriously, It shrinks no different than any other film that is getting there polyester from XXXX dealer. I tested it and it shrinks in the same heat range as other similar mil and constructed films such as Suntek Llumar and SolarGard.

Its no clearer than any CP product. As for technology.....there not even producing film. Ask em, they will tell you, there adding a coating and respooling. Technology is in the MFG, PET chips/Extrusion, IR coatings ECT.

If your just a tinter, or own a tint shop and read and listen to what the reps are saying with out really knowing film, then I would steer away from the technology talk.

Now as for there customer service, everyone I met there was super nice, quick to send samples ECT. I think I read you were a Llumar dealer. I hope your rep finds out and starts renegotiating your price break. Many films out there. Only a few have stood the test of time. I got more faith in the new SunGaurd then ASWF.

Thank god aswf has initials because you'd prob would have spelled that wrong and btw its sungard not sungaurd

First let me tell you Iam sorry for the misspelling of SunGard, sometimes my internal spell checker kicks in. Second, if you read up a lil higher I actually spelled out ASWF for Leo. Last but not least Blade is the GN, I dont even try to fight on that one. Your on a tough board. Watch what you say or youll have some photoshopped pics of you tinting with a hotel key card on a donkey in south america somewhere!!! lol

Second, if you read up a lil higher I actually spelled out ASWF for Leo. :twocents:krazy

ASWF in debt to Leo toooooooooooo many bottles of Vodka.

If there were no Leo - there were NO ASWF.

And let's any A or S tell me that I am wrong :dunno

I won't tell anything about film quality - not my deal.

{censored by Leo}

I HAVE ALSO TRIED THE FILM. THE CLAIRITY IS AMAZING. THE HEAT SHRINKING IS AWESOME AND THERE GROWING QUICKLY WITH ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS THEY HAVE MADE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS. NO OTHER MANUFACTERUER OUT THERE SEEMS TO HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY THAT ASWF HAS. NOT ONLY DO THEY HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT BUT THEY HAVE WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAVE ALSO JUST COME OUT WITH A CHARCOAL THAT I TRIED AND I REALLY LIKE. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A NEW COMPANY I HIGHLY RECCOMEND TRYING ASWF.

Seriously, It shrinks no different than any other film that is getting there polyester from XXXX dealer. I tested it and it shrinks in the same heat range as other similar mil and constructed films such as Suntek Llumar and SolarGard.

Its no clearer than any CP product. As for technology.....there not even producing film. Ask em, they will tell you, there adding a coating and respooling. Technology is in the MFG, PET chips/Extrusion, IR coatings ECT.

If your just a tinter, or own a tint shop and read and listen to what the reps are saying with out really knowing film, then I would steer away from the technology talk.

Now as for there customer service, everyone I met there was super nice, quick to send samples ECT. I think I read you were a Llumar dealer. I hope your rep finds out and starts renegotiating your price break. Many films out there. Only a few have stood the test of time. I got more faith in the new SunGaurd then ASWF.

Thank god aswf has initials because you'd prob would have spelled that wrong and btw its sungard not sungaurd

First let me tell you Iam sorry for the misspelling of SunGard, sometimes my internal spell checker kicks in. Second, if you read up a lil higher I actually spelled out ASWF for Leo. Last but not least Blade is the GN, I dont even try to fight on that one. Your on a tough board. Watch what you say or youll have some photoshopped pics of you tinting with a hotel key card on a donkey in south america somewhere!!! lol

Second, if you read up a lil higher I actually spelled out ASWF for Leo. :twocents:dunno

ASWF in debt to Leo toooooooooooo many bottles of Vodka.

If there were no Leo - there were NO ASWF.

And let's any A or S tell me that I am wrong :krazy

I won't tell anything about film quality - not my deal.

{censored by Leo}

So, let me get this straight. ASWF is buying a portion of there materials from you!! Thats a trip, I bet they will love you posting that. Might want to get your bottles of vodka they owe you fast.

I don't think that's what he meant.

man Iam lost. between the emoticons making every sentence a joke and the so so english, I feel like a mushroom. gettin fed in the dark :twocents

The Leo dude is a joke I think ? Prob slick under another name stir it up hahahahahah but I do get a good laugh out of it from time to time

Archived