Butterfly tabletop tint graphic

Here's what I had to go through in order to get this graphic done for Vickie! She loves butterflies so I plotted in different sizes and shapes all kinds of butterflies out of vinyl and just weeded it! I then taped them in the place in which I wanted them arranged on the table! Some of them are turned upside down because of how I wanted them on the table but there all on the same side! IMG00171-20100603-1343-1.jpg

I then flipped the table around and tinted it with 5% so I could see my stencils and started cutting it out till I had the outlines!IMG00174-20100604-1442-1.jpg

Then started the long process of coloring in and putting a litttle flair of my own in! IMG00175-20100604-1453-1.jpg

When I did the blue back ground I had to overlay everything then cut the blue off and around each butterfly about an 1/8 inch to leave a border so when I back the whole thing with silver 20 it will bleed through the holes and create a border around everything!122121-1.jpg

IMG00180-20100607-1320.jpg

By the way from the time I had started cutting till it was colored in I had 11 hours in it and I still haven't put the silver 20 behind it and that doesn't include plotting and weeding my stencils! But this was for a wonderful friend and business partner which made it all worth it to me! I spent a couple hours after work each day till it was done!

This post has been promoted to an article

Archived