Acura TSX

oldtinter

just had a tsx in the shop today & I forgot to turn the ignition off the :shock . The battery died so I slow charged it started the car it now needs a radio code. So I pull the manual from glovebox. I pull out a little business card with the radio code & serial # along with factory navigation code. THE RADIO CODE DOESN"T WORK ! I tried over & over after so many it wouldn't take any more. So I read the manual it says if you enter the code incorrectly 10 times you need to wait an hour. I didn't have an hour to wait so I disconnected the negative terminal only, waited a few minutes. Hooked it up started the car now it needs a 4 digit navigation code, punched it in no problem & I had to wait a few minutes for that to aquire & load.

while I was waiting I called acura service with the radio serial # & they gave me a different code to try, then I tried the code they gave still all it says after you enter the 5 digit code was err.

Needless to say I sent the customer away with no sounds !!!! I feel terrible but what do you do ?! :lol2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question on felting - the rubber gasket on the TSX (2005) contains two "wings" that contact the glass at two points. See diagram below. I prefer to apply felt (red) using method #1, but is this overkill? If so, what would you recommend?

felt.jpg

Quick question on felting - the rubber gasket on the TSX (2005) contains two "wings" that contact the glass at two points. See diagram below. I prefer to apply felt (red) using method #1, but is this overkill? If so, what would you recommend?

felt.jpg

Honestly....I modify the gasket by eliminating the closest wing to the glass then apply felt. Sand, alchohol, heat, then apply. Never had a problem since as far as scratching and felt commin off. I also use a very narrow strip of felt. Accords too!!!

Guest scottydosnntkno

I scuff both pieces and put a single 1" piece lined up with the top edge of the top one and covers most of the bottom one. Haven't had any calls for any peeling before

so I guess #1 if you cut it in half

Guest tint51
the very first one I did the window switch fell apart when I pulled the door panel off. hasnt happened since, just be carefull. I was able to put it back together fine though.

Dont pull so hard.. I do them all the time with not problem....I have done a dozen or so...I pull panels all the time...

Guest tint51
I scuff both pieces and put a single 1" piece lined up with the top edge of the top one and covers most of the bottom one. Haven't had any calls for any peeling before

so I guess #1 if you cut it in half

I have seen these 1" piece jam up windows.. use the 1/4" piece and put on on each works the best....

Archived