suntek standard film

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well I wouldn't say it sux really just shrinking problems. I know for a fact that it lasts well past it's warranty. just doesn't seem to shrink like it use to when it first came out.

Hope you dont mind me asking this, but how much do you charge when using the standard suntek? Thanks

Guest filmslayer
I would tell you but I don't think we are supose to put that on here. I will say I usually beat out my comp's prices in my area by 10 to 15% when I tint a car using the standard film.

you are correct about posting prices in the open forum but you could send him a PM ....

Guest mikeMN
Hope you dont mind me asking this, but how much do you charge when using the standard suntek? Thanks

If you are trying to establish pricing using the same film or comparable in price of film.prices from another state would not be of much help.

Research your own surrounding market to obtain pricing that is conducive to film brand and type Installed.

very true mike tint prices very so much from 1 area to the next. Plus you have to figer your over head and such. best advice I can give anyone on price is try to stay compeditive with your surronding shops, and if you want to charge more then the other guys around you. You better be on your a game at all times.

I started using suntek when they first came out because it would shrink like crasy and the price was unbeatable for a standard film. However over the last year I seem to be getting smiley's in almost every back glass I do. At first I thought I might be overshrinking the film. So for the past year I have started not to shrink the film as much as I use to even 2 piecing more curved glasses. But today I was about feed up with this last batch I got in. I tinted an 09 altima witch I can normally in 1 piece blindfolded. Screwed up the first run at it because I just didn't seem to want to shrink right. NBD so I dry shrank the 2nd try and it did much better. Went to lay it out and I had more smiley's in that back glass then a say cheese contest. #rd try I ended up 2 piecing the back glass and still had smiley's in the upper and lower corners of the bottom piece of film. Is anyone else having this kind of trouble out of suntek standard 35%. The 20% doesn't seem to be giving me as much trouble, but still way more smiley's on all their film in the past yr or 2.

Know exactly what you are talking about. Posted about standard or (house) films having a problem with the adhesive and shrinking. Asked the reps repeatedly and was told they checked with the manufacturer (would like to know who that is so I know what film it is) and that no one else was reporting any problems at all...

Archived