suntek standard film

Guest thatsnappyguy

stay clear of the STD's. the adhesive sucks. too bad such a great company decided to produce a mass quantiy of crap and put thier name on it. suntek makes great films....but std is one to be compared to autozone films.... BUT ....its a great film to keep on hand to sell to the DIY'er customers.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest carfit

Im currently having the same problems :( 

Everytime I have a 4 door Audi A6 to do, I get all the smileys, puckers and and on the defroster lines :(

The Film I use is SunTek HP 05 and HP 15....

Im hoping to fix this soon as Im getting to frustrated after all this time in the tinting business.... 

: P

Im currently having the same problems :( 

Everytime I have a 4 door Audi A6 to do, I get all the smileys, puckers and and on the defroster lines :(

The Film I use is SunTek HP 05 and HP 15....

Im hoping to fix this soon as Im getting to frustrated after all this time in the tinting business.... 

: P

Just dropped ST for good....in this last month or so I've been shrinking carbon and ewf classic black.  I can shrink the classic quicker and get no puckers after shrinking or installation.

I would stay away from st hp...there are many hp films out their of higher quality and for a better price...Global hp to name one.  I had st hp fail in 4 months on my car and I couldn't retint my car for the  last year or so, since i have absolutely no desire to put carbon or any st film on my car.  This forum really go me away from ST too...since all i hear is bad and nothing good about their auto films.

I have a great deal of respect for Sun-Tek and I have my hands full competing with them every day.  They have a team of very talented and very experienced people working there. 

Still, I can't help but noticing that many of the new customer accounts we have established over the last 18 months were former Sun-Tek installers.  Here is a brief rundown of the parallel films:

Carbon Users:

Global QDP

Express Classic Black

Sun-Tek HP:

Global CHP

Express HP Classic Charcoal 1.5

CXP:

Global QDP Ceramic

Express Classic Ceramic

While no roll of window film is (or will ever be) perfect, the rock solid, made from scratch Global/Garware films now have a long standing record for reliability, performance and long term durability.  They continue to be rocket fuel for our company and we are beyond thrilled to distribute these quality products.

There are many quality films on the market - but if you are not happy with your current supplier, please do consider giving Global/EWF a try.  They are the only window film manufacturer in the world that is capable of producing this film from start-to-finish and from the molecular level. 

-Howard

Hi TintCartel,

It is (of course) very gratifying to hear from any customer who likes what we have to sell.

But once again - I have to give the credit for how good these films are to the team at Garware/Global.  Men like MS Adsul and SP Kulkarni know more about window film than anyone else I have ever met in the last 32 years.  These fellows are not mere "window film" guys.  They are petrochemical engineers that know and understand how to build the product starting at the molecular level.

I first heard of "Garware" in the early 1980's when I was working with Joseph J. O'Brien.  Joe is gone now, but I am so glad that I have carried on the relationship with them and taken it to this level.

Thanks,

Howard

I too had customers asking me for Suntek, because in the past that is what they had installed.  I tell them, I have EWF, Classic Black, look at my car going on 2 yrs with it and still holding strong.    They're convinced in no time. 

I really like EWF, it has served me well.......   

I have lots of custys ask why i dont use sungard or suntek?

im like because i have something better they just laugh. Im using EFW CB love it. i feel like it shrinks itself.

I would explain that Sungard and Suntek don't produce every component in their film and rely on other manufacturers they can not control to produce these components.  Global produces every components that goes into their film , which yields a higher, more consistent quality film and reduces the chance of getting defective film installed on your vehicle.  Also, Global has a better scratch coat than Suntek and that is a fact, so sell that too.

I only went back to ST for brand recognition, which did nothing but make my cost go up and I never felt like i was giving the customer a quality film, especially when they ask if this will bubble or turn purple.... :unsure:   With global, I have no doubt that this film won't last.   :D

Guest Shady Solutions

Chill out!!i it's the defrosters they are a little bit taller. Scrub the piss out of them with steel wool. Just clean it good.

Suntek standard is better than most

For the price of SunT standard you can buy EWF Classic Black, or Global QDP. I will post pictures in next few days, It will be called, "Global QDP.,vs. Acura & Nissan Clear Coat" :)

Archived