suntek standard film

I started using suntek when they first came out because it would shrink like crasy and the price was unbeatable for a standard film. However over the last year I seem to be getting smiley's in almost every back glass I do. At first I thought I might be overshrinking the film. So for the past year I have started not to shrink the film as much as I use to even 2 piecing more curved glasses. But today I was about feed up with this last batch I got in. I tinted an 09 altima witch I can normally in 1 piece blindfolded. Screwed up the first run at it because I just didn't seem to want to shrink right. NBD so I dry shrank the 2nd try and it did much better. Went to lay it out and I had more smiley's in that back glass then a say cheese contest. #rd try I ended up 2 piecing the back glass and still had smiley's in the upper and lower corners of the bottom piece of film. Is anyone else having this kind of trouble out of suntek standard 35%. The 20% doesn't seem to be giving me as much trouble, but still way more smiley's on all their film in the past yr or 2.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintbrent

I don't use suntek film but I have noticed on the newer Altima's that I seem to get smiley's . I think it just might be the defroster lines. Just a thought

I do offer my customers their hp line but I rarely sell people on it because of the price difference. They usually go for the standard film. And yes it does seem to be more of a problem with the nissan back glass's. However I seem to be getting them on almost every back glass I do here lately.

Guest tint325i
09-10 altimas are bad about puckers on the backglass..Standard Pro would be better than just the standard :spit

or johnson greystone, it almost never puckers as its 2 thick, great looking film 2 :thumb

For the price differance, just use the Carbon and be done with it. Those defrost lines on the newer Altima are thick, so you are going to get a few puckers, but the carbon works ALOT better and seems to have a better/quicker tack.

I sampled some suntek standard recently, it was like appliying plastic wrap is was so thin. Sunteks films are easy to install, but there prices are too high for what you get IMO. I would try out some of the NR films from Express films, theyre not thin and the tru black carries a lifetime warranty.

I sampled some suntek standard recently, it was like appliying plastic wrap is was so thin. Sunteks films are easy to install, but there prices are too high for what you get IMO. I would try out some of the NR films from Express films, theyre not thin and the tru black carries a lifetime warranty.

So the lifetime coverage/reimbursement of replacement True Black film makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. I'd rather be off the hook after a period of time with the Standard than liable indefinitely with free film as my only reimbursement if theres a claim.

Archived