North Carolina Law

Guest VaTinterPMan

Guest VaTinterPMan

Hey everyone, Been a long time a real long time havnt been tinting really with the health problems and surgeries I've had but here's the ?. My sister is in from North Carolina and they have a Subaru Legacy, Mazda Speed 6, and GTO. But they heard from tinters down there after inquiring about tinting windows for them they have to pay a extra 20 or so bucks a year to the state or something.

Here in NC the inspection stations can and normaly do charge $10.00 extra to meter your tint.

The whole thing realy is bull :thumb its not like the meters cost much and after they do the first 40 cars the thing has paid for it self. Got to love NC! :thumb

Here in NC the inspection stations can and normaly do charge $10.00 extra to meter your tint.

The whole thing realy is bull :bingo its not like the meters cost much and after they do the first 40 cars the thing has paid for it self. Got to love NC! :thumb

Yep, $10 extra to inspect a vehicle with aftermarket tint. Does not include trucks or suv's with factory tint.

I have heard of some shops charging people with factory installed privacy glass, but that's because they are either, crooks or they just don't pay attention when they go to class for NCSI Inspection Cert.

Guest tintjam65

Well you could live in NY where they're taxing 'sliced' bagels. :beer

It is amazing to find what is different from one state to another in terms of how they generate revenue. :beer

Archived