Evolution vs Creation

Truth be told, no one really knows this answer for certain. It is all conjecture. The idea of a 'big bang' is just a belief that connot be proven, since no recording devices were around then. On the other side, the idea of an all powerful god comes from the religions we follow. These religions have only been around for a few thousand years at best and prior to that, it its unknown. In the Jewish faith, the 'dietary' laws we follow are truly belived to have been handed down by the reiligious leaders of the time and many are believed to have been for health and safety reasons (ie. unsafe pork due to unsanitary conditions). Many leaders in the faith think this way today. Many other 'religious rules and teachings' in christianity were believed to have come from instilling fear in warring factions to stop wars. To believe that a god spoke to certain men in history, but just stopped doing this, seems to say that such a god abandoned humans. Why would a god present his will and words on such undeveloped people but not continue to bring new ideas and thoughts to the world as we became more educated and knowledgable. Could it be that these were actually the words of man brought to man to control and instill fear as to keep men in line as their leaders wish?? One has to only look at the muslim radical fringe to see that this is true. They use their religion to control their minions and get them to do their bidding, even at the loss of their own lives!! :dunno

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You used the one word in there that sums up all religions and even the atheists........FAITH. since nobody can positively prove either way, to believe there is or isn't a higher power, you have to have faith.

Could it be that these were actually the words of man brought to man to control and instill fear as to keep men in line as their leaders wish??

Pretty much IMHO. Call it the santa Clause theory. "You Better or Else". Basically as you get older you find out Santa is not true so you still need to be afrain of somthing. I say this still respecting others beliefs.

If we stop and look at the time line of religion we will find that Judeo Christianity is one of the newest religions created roughly in Jurusilum in 301. Mormonism, 1830's and scientologism in 1953. The oldest known religion is from the Egyptians "Egyptian Paganism" 3000 BC. I wont go on about it , but if you look at Pagan religion and compare it to the bible, you will see that objects and all the stories in the bible, including the cross and all major figures are very close just modernized (to year 301) to the pagan ones. The later two religions, one of which is just a later rewriting in another mans words to control his group of people and write his own moral laws. Ole Joseph smith spent time on another planet as a phophet and then decided it was ok to mate with multiple partners... sound more like he was on LSD and wanted to have orgys to me. As for scientology, just a another business gimmick. You can by your way to the highest form of enlightenment.

Now IMO, and its just that, who knows what created us. For us to totally throw out science and just believe what we are taught in church to be true, as they pass around a bucket for tithes (oh by the way if you dont give 10% of your income , your going to hell) is just as bad as only believing evolution and discounting that some where somthing played a part.

We as humans on earth my be nothing more that a functioning cell in some other organism in some other place and time.

Just my 2 cents

You used the one word in there that sums up all religions and even the atheists........FAITH. since nobody can positively prove either way, to believe there is or isn't a higher power, you have to have faith.

faith is believing in somthing there is no proof of.

I would like to redefine the word

Faith- Live your positivley, and treat your brother as you need to be treated. Put in good, get out good. Cuz who knows what creator were going to have to face? I want to say , hey god, I had no clue who was right or wrong, so I did the bast I could, and I believed you were there somewhere.

Faith- Live your positivley, and treat your brother as you need to be treated. Put in good, get out good. Cuz who knows what creator were going to have to face? I want to say , hey god, I had no clue who was right or wrong, so I did the bast I could, and I believed you were there somewhere.

That's the point, God says man is righteous in his own eyes and that there is a way that seems right to man but the end thereof is destruction. There is no one righteous, no not one. We have all fallen short.

People think they get to heaven by their own good works, nothing could be further from the truth. :bingo

And HOPO that vid was about disproving evolution, not proving the bible.

That's the point, God says man is righteous in his own eyes and that there is a way that seems right to man but the end thereof is destruction. There is no one righteous, no not one. We have all fallen short.

People think they get to heaven by their own good works, nothing could be further from the truth. :bingo

And HOPO that vid was about disproving evolution, not proving the bible.

First, I dont claim to be righteous. I do claim to be a thinker and not a stinker. And my thought process look at a book full of remodled Pagan and Jewish stories that dont even talk about Dinosaurs, though there is proof they existed, and when people ask the church masses there response....ready for this "god put them there to test our faith" So I living life, extending love, looking out for each other isnt the way....

then how do we get to heaven?

Archived