2004 ford trucks backglass

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

all right all you gasket cutters, here's how we pullers do it.

reach inside and grab the lip of the back glass gasket in the top corner. pull it down and push on the glass. these glasses are so easy it's not even funny. they literally fall out by themselves.

Guest thetintshop

I wasn't finished. the board went down or something. :woowoo

anyway, after tinting the glass, I let it set while I finish the rest of the truck. when I'm done, I put the gasket back around the glass, slip the rope in the channel, set it on the truck, rope it in, push the gasket back down in the corners and done.

make sure you check the bottom corners, sometimes the don't slip behind the plastic molding like they're supposed to. like the picture.

total time to slip the gasket on, put rope in channel, rope it in and push the corners back down-- 2 minutes 21 seconds

Guest thetintshop

total time to make a back glass of a 04 ford 3/4 look perfect-- 8 minutes 12 seconds

and guess what? I never had to get inside the truck, or get in the bed. how many times you gasket cutters get inside the truck? once to cut the gasket, once to cut the film, and once to install it? you want to climb in a truck 3 friggin times? WHY????

Archived