2004 ford trucks backglass

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

to answer your question TW, the only other trucks I know of that are as easy as this one are the old nissan hardbody trucks. they were really easy to get out too.

most of the older ones like the 87 down chevy's, require removing the trim and screws. so I can see why most tinters don't want to fart with it. but I do it because of the contamination factor. where I live, people with trucks that old have a buttload of dirt built up in them. and it's damn near impossible to do a decent job.

but why anyone would want to cut the gasket on one of these new fords is beyond me. they're just too damn easy to do them right.

Guest thetintshop

you need a rope and a gasket jammer (bone, sissy stick, whatever you call them) that's basically it. if you do the older chevy's, you need to keep a roll of the black bead around because most are too far gone to reuse.

this can be done on any truck with a gasket set back glass. all fords, all years, except the 97 to current 1/2 ton. any chevy from 87 down and all s-10 up to 93. all the older toyota and nissan trucks.

DO NOT TRY AND REMOVE THE back glass OF A OLDER STYLE DODGE DAKOTA. they're gasket set, but they still glue them in. I found out the hard way.

I'll elaborate more on this later. gotta go.

Guest thetintshop

the 93 down dodge trucks without a slider don't have to be taken out. they have a nice 1/4 overhang of the gasket on the outside. the 94-96 dodges have two different glasses, the ones made in the USA have an encapsulated glass, the ones made in mexico have a gasket set. they're very easy to remove also. all the 93 down isuzu and rangers are easy to remove also. really the only hard ones are the older fords and older chevy's. lots of trim and screws to remove.

the only problem you'll have is on REALLY old trucks, like 72 down chevy. most of those have already begun getting brittle and have to have a new gasket. so depending on how picky the customer is or how nice the truck is, either get them to buy a new gasket or get one from a glass shop.

nowadays, most everyone doesn't have to mess with the old style trucks. but this might help some newer tinters that are only used to tinting encapsulated glasses.

Archived