Light for cutting back windows. Sunroofs etc!?

LB55

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is everyone using to handcut the backwindows!?

I tried 3 different snap on lights and none are bright enough nor do the light fit in the rear windshield.

Any info would help. Thanks :)

Not being able to see through 5% when trimming, frustrates me more than anything. Ive tried halogon work lights, fluroescent work light and LED. None of these made it easy though. I now have a 3 bulb vanity light(common bathroom light) It provides almost enough light, but Iv broken like 3-4 bulbs and have to be extra careful with it.

I just don't get why no tool manufacturer has never developed a light MADE for window tinting. I remember someone on here mention a good idea for light. It was basically something like mine, but would be attached to an adjustable pole that would fit between the A pillars on the sides of the back glass.

Guest naughtydog

What about if someone made a rope light with high power LEd's- a bit like the dj's in the 70's and 80's used to use. Then you could just snake it around the rear deck.

I've been using a 100 watt halogen lamp set in a large housing. The only problem I have is trying to fit it on the back deck in a way that the illumination hits the bottom edges without melting the plastic/carpeted rear deck or leather/fabric seats. Obviously dark colored interiors make it harder to see. I wish someone made a really small bright light that fits in smaller spaces.

Archived