Light for cutting back windows. Sunroofs etc!?

LB55

A very good effective trick that i learned from Stan. Right before cutting the film, i spray the inside of the glass only the edge where the cut will be make, with the glass cleaner. The white foam from the cleaner, makes it super easy to cut the film. Try it out next time, im sure you will like it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i use a sabre too. works great on back glasses, but you can also hang it from the pilars to cut a sunstrip as well. For car with dark interiors i have 2 pieces of poster board i place in the back deck to brighten up the area around the lower back window.

Love the pic of scaffolding for tinting the A-frame at the bottom of your post. Sorry everyone about getting off topic but it really is a cool pic!

A very good effective trick that i learned from Stan. Right before cutting the film, i spray the inside of the glass only the edge where the cut will be make, with the glass cleaner. The white foam from the cleaner, makes it super easy to cut the film. Try it out next time, im sure you will like it.

Good tip, I like that one :thumb

Guest PaulPiat

Get white poster board r construction paper, and cut it 4" wide. Cut one length of it curved like the bottom of the back glass put ur light on top of it. Stuf it in the back glass, 5% is a breeze to see through. With this, any light will work.

Glad you like that glass cleaner trick :beer Don't forget putting the back side of white plastic dealer tags around the edges to light it up :thumb

you da mang FBO :cooldot

I have had use of a light like that sabre, but it just didn't fill the back glass with light as well as I would like.

One of the best lights I have used was the craftsman twin bulb, 26 watt, light. It made a nice amount of light and was big enough to cast it around.

I just just a 13 watt fluorescent drop light and move it a couple times....

Someone needs to make that flexible LED rope light....would be awesome.

I saw white 18' LED rope lights at Target the other day in the Christmas lights section

Archived