Motivation

Nobody was born knowing how to tint. Everybody had to start somewhere was there ever a point where you just felt like giving up and just thinking that it wasnt for you. If so what car was it on, what did you do to keep yourself motivated. Window tinting for me is just a side business or a hobbie I should say. I really enjoy tinting but it seems that every time I think that I have it under control the next car comes and throws me for a loop. I always throw away at least one piece of tint per car which I guess isnt to bad if it is just one, but did you ever get discouraged and want to throw the whole mess in the trash? Well thats just my rant for the day. Thanks for all the advice on this site cant wait for the replies.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new 1986 Honda Prelude! It was my 3rd car I'd ever tinted and I was trying to do perfect seams on the back window. All 6 of them! Took me 4 days, and a half roll of 20" film! Heat shrinking was only a dream in a galaxy far far away!

For me, it hasnt been so much a car....they can all be done...just a matter of figuring out how. Actually, that makes things a challenge! Keeps me on my toes! I find that the times I feel like tossin in the towel is when everything starts to get repetitive....same cars day in and day out. What keeps me motivated? The money. :)

A new 1986 Honda Prelude! It was my 3rd car I'd ever tinted and I was trying to do perfect seams on the back window. All 6 of them! Took me 4 days, and a half roll of 20" film! Heat shrinking was only a dream in a galaxy far far away!

4 days and only 50ft of film??

you must of laid the doors and quarters perfect and only attempted the back window 3 times tops.

and all this took you 32 hours?

none of that adds up....at all.

Guest tintjackal

you must of laid the doors and quarters perfect and only attempted the back window 3 times tops.

So what?

So what?

first off, welcome to the board Jackal.

Second, its just my opinion that it does not add up. I have been tinting for 15 years, and in those 15 years I have ran the gammet of the industry including being a tint trainer. So I am privy to teaching the trade, the learning curves that you encounter and the materials used to do so. So its really just my thoughts on it. You can take it leave it. :dunno

Archived