How much contamination is acceptable?

Guest Tint-Factory Car Shine II
So, contamination is inevitable, this we all know. So in your opinions, how much contamination or how many imperfections are acceptable before you rip the film off and do it all over? Pics would be great! thanks.

One or two specks that aren't very noticeable, or whatever I can rub out with a chizzler without being noticeable. If you know it's bad then it's gotta be bad, just re-do it.

You have got to judge that for yourself. The one tinting the window is always going to know every little mistake in the film. Think to yourself when you get done, would I want that on my windows? In this business word of mouth is one of the biggest advertisers so if your customer is not happy and has to come back that might be a strike for you. Try and do it right the first time. IMO a spec here or there would not be that bad every window is not going to be flawless so dont beat yourself up over little stuff.

You have got to judge that for yourself. The one tinting the window is always going to know every little mistake in the film. Think to yourself when you get done, would I want that on my windows? In this business word of mouth is one of the biggest advertisers so if your customer is not happy and has to come back that might be a strike for you. Try and do it right the first time. IMO a spec here or there would not be that bad every window is not going to be flawless so dont beat yourself up over little stuff.

I agree especially with the "would you want it on your windows" part. A tiny spec or three, not in the center or on the top edge is ok IMO. Strive for perfection is what I do but I know it is not possible and how close I should be to perfect.

I heard of guy who advertises that if there's any dust in his work, the install is free...I think I saw him on one of the manufacturers interviews of installers. Have you all heard of this? Crazy!!!

Unless he takes the glass out of the car, etc... Most of my work might have a spec here or there(when placing your face inches from the glass).

But, no dust? AT ALL...

:cool

I heard of guy who advertises that if there's any dust in his work, the install is free...I think I saw him on one of the manufacturers interviews of installers. Have you all heard of this? Crazy!!!

Unless he takes the glass out of the car, etc... Most of my work might have a spec here or there(when placing your face inches from the glass).

But, no dust? AT ALL...

:mad

not possible-like i said in a previous post-i never did a perfect window(i think i can find a piece of dust somewhere if i look hard in every window i did) and i've never seen a perfect window in all my years tinting

This is just a trick of words. None of us probably charge to install!! Installing is labor and you cant charge tax on labor, and im guessing you all charge tax on the total amount of the tint job.. so we dont charge nothing to install the tint! we just upcharge the film!

Thats my thought! thats how he can advertise that?

Archived