SunGarbage I mean SunGard

Hafa adai Customtinting...we didn't fire anyone, let go of and firing are two completely different scenarios. It was with understanding and justification.

And your are absolutely right about the "bad" word being spread about us...we looked at this as an opportunity to show even more of how we care for our customers...as they've learned it was not our doing from the start, most of the negative turned into positive because of the way we handled ourselves and cared for our customers. We ultimately now have the majority of our market from what started as a negative. Please know the switch of films was made over ten years ago...this goes without saying.

Hafa adai wetintcars...HEHEHE, thank you for your remarks as it is always good to laugh, most especially at oneself. I personally will admit, Bill and I have had our "issues" like everyone else. It is however very admirable of him to take so many "shots" at the same time remaining as positive as possible.

And YES...I have been spending way too much time in the sun, hehehe. Just this past weekend, about 70 other harley owners went crusin in Paradise. It was beautiful and peaceful.

It is only my opinion Bill can offer lots of good advice...whether you accept it, it's up to you. If everyone continues to criticize and condemn any other person be weary of this simple rule...what goes around, comes around. Try to remember this...to those who have not sinned, may they cast the first stone.

Our companies do our very best to cater to everyone. We've traded the theory of Business 101...to creativity and care for all. Sometimes business ethics get in the way of who we all are...human.

OK, word play aside, you had to 'LET GO" of employees due to loss of business....this is how you put it................

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pacific Islander

Hafa adai Customtinting,

Thank you for your reply. And yes...it was a very frustrating time and as many posts note over and over again. The hardest thing we did back then was "let go" of some very good people. It was truly heart wrenching.

We didn't lose much business...it was really a hard financial hit though. Paying staff we were able to keep to install film for free is seriously against all business sense. We were going through a tripple whammy. We survived those years and I'm proud to say, a couple of our former staff are now back with us AND one of them we helped open his own shop.

Things are better than ever now. We have matured and grown over the years. The SunGard lesson will never be forgotten but learned from. And it's funny now when all our companies management get together for a meeting..."remember the Sun-Gard lesson" always comes up when trying to figure things out. It's become a useful tool for us. hehehe.

I can't comment on SunGard's lower level films but I have been using SunGard Perform X slate with no issue since their restructure. We have been in business here for going on 16 years without too many issues at all and when there have been issues Bill has always taken care of them. I only met Bill once but so far every time he said he will do something for me he has. I don't think that Shadow is SunGard's premium or high performance film. I believe it is just above the their economy line. Again, I can't comment on Shadow because I haven't used it but SunGard, Perform X Slate and Bill Stewart have been good to me so far.

ya, that does suck...when we started about 6 years ago, we used sungard...we did several redos out of our own pockets, switched to LuLu, loved the film hated the customer service, now with global, love the film and customer service...

Can you really compare the quality ,durability and reputation of llumar to global films just asking as i see more people leaving llumar for global in my area. I know llumar customer service sucks.

Guest kccartint
So, what are everyones thoughts in what changes will happen now that Madico owns them???

I hope Madico doesn't screw with the film. The new NR line has been nice and a big change from the old desert smoke days. I used the old film for years and hated it. No choice since the shop I worked for carried it. Poor adhesive, faded to clear way to quick and the film was always changing and getting worst.

The new film seems to really have changed. I think its still to soon to tell how well things are going to hold up. What worries me is the name Madico. Never like Madico due to the color and quality. For the price Lulu was always leaps and bounds better. Even SunTek was several steps above. :beer

With the new purchase of SunGard it keeps me looking at back up plans. Hoping things stay the same and the price doesn't get screwed up.

Archived