SunGarbage I mean SunGard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:spit well that was speaking of desert smoke and endurance and it may have been more than 10 yrs ago but we had zero issues for years with those two lines but when they started going south it went south quick :D

:spit

guest, I'm shocked you say you never had a the very least fading issues or adhesive failures tinting down in Florida where my issues with these things took place up here in Canada. I must have grabbed the wrong mounting solution by accident for every install of sungard and had a mysterious ozone depletion hole over my area during this time. The day I switched to Llumar, I must have grabbed the right mounting solution bottle back up and the ozone hole grew back over my city . It's all I can come up with :lol

don't know what to tell you..I have been tinting in Florida for 6 or do years now..not a single warranty claim for film failure.... I have no reason to lie.

LOL, I live in the NM desert I have seen so much horrible steel, endurance, bronze and shadow, even the new shadow. Maybe your customers are scared to go back, haha.

Hey everyone I think I missed an important bit of information here more about my business, not the film. I was reading through here and noticed a few people had asked if I tried other manufactures films. Yes I do, and that's really why I am so upset. I carry 2-3 different tiers of film. Economy (EWF lower priced lines), Lifetime(GP Max) , and Premium Lifetime (SunGard Shadow, OTI, ASWF, and a sample of Galaxy).

Well the only one I am having ANY comebacks on is the shadow. I am doing nothing different with the non-SG films except the other films get a baby shampoo/water mixture. So you see their is more than just the "it's not tinted legally" issue to be had here.

So I understand that I tinted illegally and that it will not be warrantied. I AM OVER THAT

I swear that if this was OTI, ASWF, SolarGuard or ant other of ANY product I use, that I would be right here in the same type of forums typing the same stuff about them. This is my bread and butter and SunGard sold me moldy bread and old butter and I want the world to see the proof so no one else ever has to deal this headache.

I should stay out of this thread (none of my business. .but)

Bill has publicly offered to assist you. I am certain if you called him ; he would.

I admire him for responding to your thread and doing so with respect for you despite the method of complaint.

I seriously doubt that any other National Sales Manager of any legitimate window film manufacturer (not a private label reseller!) would have done so.

I appreciate your position and past history from your perspective, but this is an industry that would be better served if we offered this type of respect both ways, no matter the grievance, as none of this is personal.

:lol

Well I feel Vindicated! :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

I tried to tell you guys that nothing had changed with Sungard film back when Novamatrix bought the Sungard Brand, it was still the same old crap FTI was making when they bellied up. Of course the loyal Sungard followers all ganged up on me and slammed me for what I had "heard" through a trusted industry insider and merely passed along here.

I do find it interesting that Nova dumped the Sungard brand as soon as they could find a buyer for it. I thought they wanted the "brand recognition" that the Sungard name brought with it overseas. :lol2 :lol2 :hmmm

I'm also shocked Madico would pony up for it too.

I really feel bad for the original poster. I feel your pain dude. :spit To you I say give Valuetint a call. (By far the BEST stuff I have used in 24 years!) :lol2

To all the rest of the "faithful Sungard followers" I say... I tried to warn you!

(Now they'll all probably pile on again..."Climb aboard!" Whatever!)

If Madico doesn't finally make it a good product, here's what everyone should do when they see SUNGARD ===> :spit:lol:spit :spit

I find it funny that Capt Bill is the same sales manager from the old FTI days and he is just that a "salesman" who will say what ever it takes to sell film. I had told Bill that I would be nice back when the new company came into business, but this is ridiculous. James is someone I consider a friend and have worked beside.

I refused to believe that things were that much different when it was the same people telling us "every thing is NEW" and how great it is. I have been fortunate that most of my FTI film jobs have not shown back up. I have seen 4 of them come to me. I offered to take half of what I charge for the tinting to redo them. I had 2 people take the offer and one guy got just stupid with me. I ended up getting a partial film roll from Courage and I gave it to SDtintdude and he redid that one as I didn't want to see the guy. Not the way he acted.

Bill offered me a roll of film to redo those jobs....I told him I didn't want it.

It's easy for someone to post something about how they will "work with you" and not really do anything....

So, to all who think James is just making a fuss over nothing then you don't know him or how he does business.

Guest Pacific Islander

Hafa adai (hello) everyone,

After reading much of the replies...I tip my hat off to Bill for posting something. He could've easily ignored all of this but he didn't.

I've used Sun-Gard films in the mid 90's when Desert Smk was just that...then came Desert Smk II. It's 2010 (then again 2011 is around the corner) and on occasion we have a customer walk in with a "concern". We don't call the "new" Sun-Gard for any type of wty claim...we simply smile and explain our financial loss to our customers and schedule them for a free replacement.

Yes...we've lost thousands upon thousands of dollars, we've let go of staff, we still have angry customers even after a free replacement and yes we still smile at the next one that comes in.

One thing that reigns true...we're still around. Have we forgiven Bill...of course, we are all human. The decisions made back then by the owners of Sun-Gard were some very wrong decisions. I wish Bill would post more often of what to watch out for in film, what makes for a great film, what are signs of "cheap" film, what characteristics of film dictate life span...and more.

After what Bill had experienced and survived...he is a very valuable resource to all of us. I would welcome more of Bill's wisdom and honestly in window film.

Senseramente (Sincerely),

Pacific Islander

Didn`t figure it would take too long to find out which way the "new" Sun-gard would be. I was with them for 14 yrs, toured the facility several times, and even switched my competition ( whats up Keith ) over to them. When they bellied up, I swore I`d never go back. I`ve re-done countless warranty jobs out of pocket. I`ve meet Bill several times and he seems like a genuine person, but the facts don`t lie. From about 05 till now, their film is garbage, and until something big changes, it will always be garbage.

Hafa adai (hello) everyone,

After reading much of the replies...I tip my hat off to Bill for posting something. He could've easily ignored all of this but he didn't.

I've used Sun-Gard films in the mid 90's when Desert Smk was just that...then came Desert Smk II. It's 2010 (then again 2011 is around the corner) and on occasion we have a customer walk in with a "concern". We don't call the "new" Sun-Gard for any type of wty claim...we simply smile and explain our financial loss to our customers and schedule them for a free replacement.

Yes...we've lost thousands upon thousands of dollars, we've let go of staff, we still have angry customers even after a free replacement and yes we still smile at the next one that comes in.

One thing that reigns true...we're still around. Have we forgiven Bill...of course, we are all human. The decisions made back then by the owners of Sun-Gard were some very wrong decisions. I wish Bill would post more often of what to watch out for in film, what makes for a great film, what are signs of "cheap" film, what characteristics of film dictate life span...and more.

After what Bill had experienced and survived...he is a very valuable resource to all of us. I would welcome more of Bill's wisdom and honestly in window film.

Senseramente (Sincerely),

Pacific Islander

Did you read your own post?? You claim to have lost thousands upon thousands of dollars to returns, have had to fire staff, continue to get angry customers??? Business 101 tells you that if you have lost so much monetarily and in releasing labor and have angry customers(who will definately spread the BAD on you) due to bad film returns, you should switch your film line ASAP. AND you also have yourself to blame for not putting in warranty claims to cover the losses.

Remember, customers who are pleased with your service maight tell 1 or 2 people, but the disgruntled customer will tell everyone the talk to. (as is evident by this thread)...................................

I would welcome more of Bill's wisdom and honestly in window film.

Island Dude.. You're about the only one :lol2 WAKE UP!

"Honesty?!?" and "wisdom"??!!?? Are you completely blind?? :blind

c'mon! If he were truly what you say, he would have left Sungard years ago (everybody else did).

Instead he is still trying to steer the film equivalent of the Titanic after it has sunk (for what? the second or third time now?) telling everyone it's time to upgrade their accommodations!(After all we're "unsinkable" - buy more crap film! We've spent millions on factory equipment upgrades! :lol ) Even the rats knew when to leave!

He's been pushing crap Sungard film for years and you think he has "wisdom"?!? :barf

Islander...You've been spending waaaaaay to much time in the Island sun! :lol2:lol:lol6:rollin:lol2

(Sorry Bill but you've kinda done it to yourself and should expect the criticism - the longer you sell this junk the less credibility you have. You've already shot yourself in the foot so many times you can probably park in the handicapped spots at the mall during Xmas)

From about 05 till now, their film is garbage, and until something big changes, it will always be garbage.

Well I can tell ya, I bought it before then ('98 or '99) and it was garbage then too! Dye was in the glue and it failed within a year, JUNK :poop I'm so glad I switched to Llumar after 3 months

Guest Pacific Islander

Hafa adai Customtinting...we didn't fire anyone, let go of and firing are two completely different scenarios. It was with understanding and justification.

And your are absolutely right about the "bad" word being spread about us...we looked at this as an opportunity to show even more of how we care for our customers...as they've learned it was not our doing from the start, most of the negative turned into positive because of the way we handled ourselves and cared for our customers. We ultimately now have the majority of our market from what started as a negative. Please know the switch of films was made over ten years ago...this goes without saying.

Hafa adai wetintcars...HEHEHE, thank you for your remarks as it is always good to laugh, most especially at oneself. I personally will admit, Bill and I have had our "issues" like everyone else. It is however very admirable of him to take so many "shots" at the same time remaining as positive as possible.

And YES...I have been spending way too much time in the sun, hehehe. Just this past weekend, about 70 other harley owners went crusin in Paradise. It was beautiful and peaceful.

It is only my opinion Bill can offer lots of good advice...whether you accept it, it's up to you. If everyone continues to criticize and condemn any other person be weary of this simple rule...what goes around, comes around. Try to remember this...to those who have not sinned, may they cast the first stone.

Our companies do our very best to cater to everyone. We've traded the theory of Business 101...to creativity and care for all. Sometimes business ethics get in the way of who we all are...human.

Archived